Thursday, February 10, 2005

A Few Changes in the Editorial Dept.

Those of you who have been paying attention may notice that I've deleted the chronicles of my adventures at Penguin Electric. I chose to do this because I'd made some unkind portrayals of co-workers who had pissed me off at the time.



There's something in psychology called the Fundamental Attribution Error. This means what when we have a confrontation with someone, we think only of the situation we are in. We're not thinking about the type of person we are. But we don't think about how other people are also only concerned with the situation themselves, we just instantly judge the type of person they are. I realized that I would not want someone taking a verbal snapshot of me on a bad day and putting it up for the world to see, so I shouldn't be doing it to someone else. The first rule of survival is always do unto others before they do unto you.



-TTFN

Tony

No comments: