Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Illustration Friday (on Wednesday!)



Illustration Friday gives a topic of the week to draw. This week's is Year of the Rooster. I wracked my brains a bit before I came up with this one. Come to think of it, who came up with the word "wrack?" Think about it. It's a pretty strange word. Maybe originally it came from "the rack," as in, "I put my wife on the rack today for not bearing me any male children." Who knows.

The beautiful and multitalented French Toast Girl has been mentioned in the April issue of Artist's Sketchbook Magazine. The bastards only gave her a small column on the bottom of page six, but we're working on them with rubber hoses. More to come.

My previous IF post was Friendship. Hey, why you're at it, why not click here and read the whole damn thing? What are you waiting for? I'm sure your boss has blocked anything more interesting from your computer anyway. Go ahead!

TTFN
-Tony

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love how you did this as a film poster. very nice attention to detail & great concept.

cheers, beth

Tony LaRocca said...

Thanks- I couldn't have done it without you. (Year of the rooster was Beth's idea -ed.)

Anonymous said...

Awesome concept, I laughed out loud. Cockle Doodle Doo - Ha!

:o) Crissy.

Erin K. Nolan said...

You and I have the same sense of humor - This just cracked me up! Hillarious! I'm listing you as a "blog to see" on mine. Keep up coming!
E Nolan
http://www.pejnolan.textamerica.com

kevinpease said...

"Wrack" is actually an old variant of "wreck." The expression is meant as if you were messing up a room looking for something.

Tony LaRocca said...

Groovie. It also means dried up seaweed. This is also a pretty good term to apply to my brain.

Shano said...

Oh, that is HILARIOUS! I especially love the N rating.

jeff nguyen said...

sup