StatCounter

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Actually Enjoying Myself

I've decided to try a new concept. I've taken to writing a novel, entirely from beginning to end. I'm not going to worry about plot arcs, outlines, character development, or anything like that until the first draft is done. I'm just going to enjoy myself and write whenever I can. I find myself wanting to do this all the time, which is a good thing. I started last night, and I've written about 3000 words so far (only 117k more to go!)

I'm writing it entirely on my palm, partially for the portability, (I can write on the subway- as I do with a few of these blogs,) but also for some darn reason, it just feels right. If only Graffiti 2 wasn't such a pain in the ass.

So far, the style is very Kurt Vonnegut/ Douglas Adams/ Terry Pratchett-ish. Again, I'm not really concerned. It is what it is. Kilgore Trout would be proud of me.

TTFN
-Tony

PS. Speaking of Kilgore Trout- While Kilgore Trout is a creation of Kurt Vonnegut, Venus on the Half Shell by Kilgore Trout was NOT written by Vonnegut. It was actually a bit of fan-fiction written by Phillip Jose Farmer. He wrote it with Vonnegut's permission, but after a while, Vonnegut tired of everyone automatically thinking it was his work. Venus has since been re-printed with Farmer as the credited author. Oh well, it's still pretty funny.

No comments: