Thursday, March 03, 2005

Blogging from the Commute

So Happy It's Thursday! (It took me a long time to get that one.)

I hate Thursdays. Thursdays are the equivalent of when you've had a hell of a day at work, you look at the clock, & see that instead of being the end of the day, there's two hours to go.

I met Al Roker yesterday! His office is next to the one we're renovating. He walked in & looked around. "Good Lord," I said. "Are you the man himself?"

He looked down at himself. "I think so!" He replied, then grinned. We shook hands & talked for a bit. He seems like a nice guy. Not as hot as Lucy Noland, but what the hell.

I've decided that the secret of life is to find intrinsic joy in every moment. That way I'll always be happy.

I'll try it now. Gosh, this is a nice subway, with such nice garbage rolling around under my seat. Hello there, fellow New Yorkers! God bless us, every one!

Ooh, we're slowing down. We've stopped to let the local train pass! Well, that's nice- and it makes sense too! I mean, the E train is an express... and we've stoped to let the V train... which is a local... pass us... Wait a goddamn second! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! What kind of simians are the MTA using for-

Never mind, it's not working. I'll try again after my Starbucks.

TTFN
-Tony

No comments: