Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Daring Fat Man on the Diving Board

Addendum, August 3, 2007: I've added the Youtube Link to the whole film, as people seem to be finding the image out there on the web:




Friends and neighbors, the Illustration Friday word of the week is DARING. Here's an animation I made a few years ago, Herman Takes a Dive.This was my first 3ds Max endeavor. It's very rough & very toony, but I love it. I have production notes on the Animations Page at EgotisticalProductions.com. Enjoy!

As far as False Idols is coming along… it's a coming. In addition to creating a nifty control room for the rocket, I've actually purchased a decent astronaut figure for Poser for about $35. I'm doing quite a bit of detail / texture mapping work on it- it was pretty much medium-poly: good for medium shots, but the edges stood out in the close-ups. All hail mesh-smooth.

This past weekend I had the honor of watching a performance by Craig J. Quack (and friends') comedy troupe, The Gentlemen's Rotary Auxiliary. Despite a few technical snafus, a pants-wetting experience was had by all. "Spoooooooooooooooooooooooon!"

-TTFN
Tony

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Herman was very entertaining! Hope he doesn't visit our public fool .. pool.

knottydon said...

Did you catch me on tape? teehee... it's soo funny and nice and i love it!

Shano said...

He has daring fashion sense! That suit is almost a Speedo. Great illo!

steve said...

I can't seem to get it to play on my imac, but it looks rilly cool ! That swimsuit it very 'Daring' to wear in public. Uh, oh. Here comes the TICK...SPOOOOOOOOOOOON !!!

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hello