Saturday, April 02, 2005

Have Childhood, Will Travel



Illustration Friday is in the air. They used to give out the secret word on Monday. Now they give it out on Friday. So I must get mine in asap, or no one will look at it. The secret word is TRAVEL. God, I love diffuse glow. I don't know where my wierd little guy is going in such a hurry. Maybe to the bathroom.

Remember, brothers and sisters. The solutions to all of life's problems can be found just by clicking here. Don't be shy, try it and just soak up the wisdom. The trick is to take the first letter of every third word, figure out how many pixels make up each letter, then divide by pi. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Keep the faith, my friends.

TTFN
-Tony

6 comments:

steve said...

Eye see you...
Hah ! Great illustration ! Looks like the dude could use some visene eye drops pretty soon. Or some eyelids ! :-)
This is also kinda weird, I started a comic strip ealier on my blog and one of the characters' looks just like that. Great minds think alike, or odd ones...

JacqueLynn said...

I love this one. The movement, the shadow, and especially the way you have drawn the eye. The whole illustration has a great look.

Rebeccashane said...

YOU are TOOOOO FUNNY.. I like the shadow.. what do you use for your work? It reminds me of a program I have and am too dumb to use... LOL Nice piece

Kymberlee said...

This is so fabulous! Creative concept and lots of detail. I love the shadow and the detail of the eyeball. I imagine him to be running away from the evil magician who plucked him out of his home; he's running back to the socket in my imagination.

Tony LaRocca said...

I made this with 3dsmax 6. My Eyeball Dude is really standing still, except for a flailing tentacle. The ground (with a bitmap of the moon's surface on it) is zipping by. I had to tinker with the speed to get the motion blur just right. The backdrop is a picture taken from the NASA site. The lighting was a bit of a pain. I wanted to make sure it looked like it was in space (dark shadows with sharp edges, as there is no atmosphere to diffuse the light,) so I had to get the light in a place where half the Eyeball Man wouldn't be inside of it's own shadow. I then added a diffuse glow with Photoshop because I just like the effect. I'm glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

Eyeball dude uses tentacle for bathroom relief? Must be running away from something, maybe his own shadow? Excellent atmosphere of 'no atmosphere'.