StatCounter

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Food for Your Mind



Illustration Friday is once again upon us. The secret word is NOURISHMENT. I scribbled this on my palm, then colored it with Photoshop. It's a bit reminiscent of a sketch I've made called Hungry:

In other news, Jen has to get out and move the car early tomorrow morning, because they're filming Queer Eye for the Straight Guy on our block. I don't know why they need the whole block for 24 hours, but what the hell. Maybe they're secretly here to see me, as I would happily wear torn jeans and a t-shirt to a funeral. My wife is far too accepting and loving. I had prior girlfriends who always tried to buy me "something nice to wear for a change." Blech.

Then, of course, I am notorious for my Ralph Marlin fish ties. I know, I know- I'm such a trend setter.

On the False Idols front, this landing sequence is proving a doozy. The particles in the fire and smoke of the rocket were screwing up the motion blur, so I had to do it all in layers. (The back layer is the sky and the ground, the second layer is the fog, the third layer is the rocket, and the final layer is the fire and smoke.) All in all, it's going to probably take a week- all for twenty-four stinking seconds of footage. "The joy is in the work."

TTFN
-Tony

6 comments:

FourDotsDesigns said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were!! I'm glad you finally posted your illustration...pretty darn cool!

Aravis said...

I really like this. It made me smile while it made me think.

Regarding the Queer Eye guys and your wife, are you sure they're not there to ambush you? *G*

Robyn said...

I love going through all of the postings to Illustration Friday and seeing what twists the more imaginative have put on the challenge. Yours is one of the most out there. Me ... my mind is ALWAYS on food so I couldn't get away.

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Anonymous said...

To me, it looks like this guy has it backwards .. Mind Your For Food.

Husband thinks this looks like sushi rolled in pig. I know ... backwards.

Carolyn said...

OMG the guy is biting down on the other guy so hard I think his eyeball is gonna pop out of his skull! AIEEEEEEE! and I thought I had a rough day! Sheesh!

steve said...

Heh heh. Thinking about thinking. Better take a tic tac afterward. Nice twist on the 'Nourishment' theme ! Glad to see you still got it !