Monday, May 30, 2005



The Illustration Friday word of the week is ENVY.

I thought a lot about this one. What exactly, am I envious of? This is hard, actually. I have an angel for a wife, and two perfect children I wouldn't change for anything in the world. There's things I would like, of course, but they will come to me in time.

I suppose I could be envious of those with ambition (scroll down to a previous I.F. to see just how big my ambition level is.) I suppose then I could be a super-villain, bent on world domination. Not one of these "tortured soul" villains like (the new) Darth Vader or Doctor Octopus- a good old fashioned villain, like The Master, Davros, Lex Luthor, or The Penguin (Burgess Meredith, of course. I gots some class.)

Then, of course, comes the logical question- once you control the world, just what the hell are you supposed to do with it? Sigh. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the handsome, talented, modest God that I am. Sigh.

-TTFN
Tony

11 comments:

Mary said...

Awesome picture, I love the color green symbolizing "green with envy". Great job!

Did you use Bryce?

Ellie said...

Powerful depiction, Tony. The emotion in the eyes is well done.

JacqueLynn said...

Really great bottom lighting, Tony. The dark shadow of the nose and the light reflecting off of the eyes makes it very strong. love it.

Rebeccashane said...

WHOA! when the image appeared it freaked me out! very nice!! that is a great job..

steve said...

Whose envious ? The SHADOW is envious.
Cool close up on those eerie eyes!
If I were a super villian, I would play super pranks on other super villians. Just because super villains tend to throw super temper tantrums, but super heroes just grit their teeth and mumble one liners.
It's Clobbering Time !!!!!!!!!!
:-D

Anonymous said...

Sure there is some envy eating away there somewhere to produce such powerful envious eyes! Sigh - envious.

Aravis said...

I would even go so far as to say maniacal in their envy. Brilliant! *G*

Tony LaRocca said...

Glad everyone likes! Mary, I created the figure in Poser, then exported, textured and rendered it in 3ds Max. Finaly, I put a little blur and added a diffuse glow (I just loves that effect) with Photoshop.

Tulipland said...

your illos usually make me scared! but this is at the top now !!! very powerfull!!!

Shano said...

Wow! That's cool! What medium did you create that in? Terrific job!

FourDotsDesigns said...

Oh my God, Tony!! I don't know how I missed this one last week! It's fabulous...great work.