Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hitching Somewhere in the Galaxy

Last year, I won 5th place in a picture competition for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game on BBC.com. I couldn't collect my prize (a cd of the radio version of Life, the Universe, & Everything) since I live in America, so I asked them to donate it to a school library. Anyhoo, I was a little annoyed that it didn't make it into the online Hitchhiker's game- which is basically the old Infocom game with pictures- because quite frankly I thought my pic was a lot more creative and original than any of the 1st - 4th , and a hell of a lot better than the one used for the war chamber in the game. (I know, I'm the modest type.)

It turns out, however, that my picture is being used for the hints page. Groovie, but it would have been nice if they had told me.

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

steve said...

Oh, those silly Brits.

Baroness Von Wolfengeist said...

Congrats on winning, Tony, but I'm curious as to why they couldn't mail you your prize?

Tony LaRocca said...

They said they weren't allowed to mail it outside the UK- I guess they aren't selling it in the US yet, and they want to protect their copyright... whatever. As if there aren't a bunch of internet sites out there that are happy to mail these things overseas anyway :D Glad you liked.