Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sorry It's Been So Long...

It's been a long time since I've actually written a Blog. So, then, here are the random thoughts of the week:

1) Medicinal Marijuana: I don't smoke grass- I'm strange enough as it is (plus I always have the munchies) But I'm convinced the ONLY reason the Fed. Government banned medical marijuana is because YOU CAN GROW IT YOURSELF! I guarantee that if you had to pay the pharmaceutical companies $100 a hit, the government would have no problems with it.

2) Deep Throat: This month's Prize goes to Hal Holbrook, who played Deep Throat (I know, I know, you thought it was Linda Lovelace) in All the President's Men. In a NY Daily News interview where he was repeatedly asked to give political/ historical commentary on the recent unmasking of Mark Felt, Mr. Halbrook replied, "I don't want to comment on Mark Felt... I don't want to become a savant about this. I am just an actor, period. Just. An. Actor. Period." Holy shit- an actor who doesn't think that his political views matter more than real life! Can't we make this guy president of SAG or something?

3) Manifestation: I've finally come to accept that if I want a peaceful / happy life, I have to find peace and happiness within. There's always going to be shit to deal with, weather I'm rich and famous or an electrician (or someone like him.) This is hard, because I've always had an anxiety problem. But for some reason, if I reflect on the fact that E=mc(squared) means that matter and energy have existed since the beginning of time and can only be interchanged, not created or destroyed, then I and everyone / everything around me has existed since the beginning of time and will always exist- in one form or another. Therefore, we are all slivers of God (In more classical Judeo / Christian terms, God is in all of us.) For some reason this sort of grounds me. Give it a shot.

TTFN
-Tony

Quote of the week- "…a story that can never be retold- but now it must be told again! Because evil never dies- but copyrights EXPIRE!"
-The Firesign Theatre, Boom Dot Bust. (Concerning a Jackie Chan-ish remake of Citizen Kane) I HATE REMAKES!


8 comments:

steve said...

Ok, so no-one is gonna take a shot at this. Guess I'll stand alone...
(1) Weed. You wanna know the real nasty secret behind the illegal status of MJ ? It's because of paper. More accuratly, the paper industry. Hemp is cheap and easy to grow and incorporate into many products. From American flags to King James bibles, it was extreemly versitile and was in direct competition with the expensive paper mills. Well, long story made short, political lobbying pushed hemp into crime bullseye. Did you know that about a year and a half ago Kalamazoo (my home) lost 5 paper mills and cost thousands of people their jobs. Makes hemp reeeeaaaaal attractive right now...

(2) Deep Throat. I'll keep this short. It's too bad that whistle blowers are treated like leppers and dirty politicans are treated like victims. Nuff said.

(3) Manifestation (not Infestation). E may = MC/2, but that is the standard equation of Classic physics. That is not withstanding Quantum physics which is a different beast altogether. If I may blather. At the subatomic level the rules we are familiar with are summarily tossed out the proverbial window. Here we have to deal with the concept of the 'virtual' particle, which has the dubious distinction of at moments 'being there' and 'not being there' thereby resulting in 'things' appearing and ceasing to exist. Fer example, all atom smashing researchers report the aftermath of particles slamming into each other and splitting apart into odd sub-particles as 'throwing a pair of chairs at each other and having a herd of elephants burst into existence at the collision point'. The whole theory of multiple universes (either based upon the proposition of the yes/no decision reality that diverges from itself moment to moment, or the concept of a limited # of universes that only can interact at a few interstices of critical rupture points- i.e. blackholes) can help explain the in/out appearance of these teeny tiny lil' buggers called Muon, Higgs Bosons, Neutrinos, Quarks (choose one, therez plenty), and the yet hypothetical Tachyons. I could go on to further bore you about the Arrow of Time but that would be redundant as it would shift correspondingly to which universe you currently inhabited.

Suffice to say, you are here, but you're not. To be or not to be, that is the PERCEPTION.
Me shut up now.

Tony LaRocca said...

I agree. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle is a beautiful thing

french toast girl said...

Regarding #3, I seriously agree. And in the words of the great Yoko Ono:

We are all waters from different rivers
That's why it's so easy to see
We are all waters in this vast, vast ocean
Let's evaporate together

And Joni Mitchell:
We are stardust.... fifty-year-old carbon....

love, me

Anonymous said...

The GREAT Yoko Ono was inspiration to first poetry; still use method of painting pictures conceptually which can also be used to paint world :)

Tony LaRocca said...

I thought Yoko said, "Don't worry Kyoko, mommy's only looking for her hand in the snow"

This was also the Minbari phillosophy on Babylon 5- or as Delenn put it, "We are star stuff"

steve said...

Oh, great Maker !

Anonymous said...

Yes, you were totally unaware of me having painted your world Tony. Mwahahaahhahahaaaa. Thought it was time to instill a little fear.

Braidwood said...

Ok, I am totally with you on number 1 and number 3. I am definately weird enough without any drugs, and I want to find peace and happiness within. This is it! I'm putting my foot down for inner peace.