Sunday, June 12, 2005

Web-Comic Friday?

NOTE: I've added quite a few posts since my Illustration Friday submission for Summer- so if that's all you care about, please scroll down. Go ahead. Skip all this wisdom. I won't think any less of you. No. Seriously. I'm just here POURING MY F**KING HEART into this blog, but you don't care, you just want to see a picture of summer! Go! Look! Bastards!

(takes medication. One pill, two pills... some beer... ahhh... sigh. OK, let's go on.)

On and off over the past few years, I've had a web-comic called (what else) Webby, the (Editorial?) Internet Comic. The first chapter spans about nine pages, and is sort of a stream of consciousness journey, dealing far more with depression than with editorial concerns. You can get to it from my Egotistical Productions homepage. (Click "Comix") I've tried to continue it, on and off, but didn't feel I had anything to really start it with.

I've recently watched Crumb, a documentary about (duh!) cartoonist Robert Crumb. I decided to re-read some of his works, and I realized that the comics of his I liked the best were autobiographical shorts based on a certain subject.

I'd like to do this myself, but I have problems deciding how to start, or what subjects to use. So, if anyone out there would be so kind- suggest a topic, I'll try my hand making a short autobiographical comic of it. (If no one suggests, then I'll just use the Illustration Friday topics.)

So help a creatively-blocked cartooning electrician out, would you?

TTFN
-Tony

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about taking pills, some beer and being depressed? Or figure out what your daily habits are and put them into a routine of exploring the outside world with a certain subject like sport or politics etc.

Anonymous said...

We call electricians Sparkies here in Oz. Do a comic about Sparkie's electrical jobs (with habits included)?

Tony LaRocca said...

LOL The pills & beer were a joke, though beleive me I have pleanty of bad habits!

Anonymous said...

Just read 9 paged Webby. What came first, the chicken or the egg? What about working backwards from now in an autobiographical way to figure out where those bad habits came from. Base each short on a time period. Work back from the chicken and see if there was a chicken before the egg. Will leave you alone now, thanks for being my person to pick on this week :)

Tony LaRocca said...

You're not bothering me, but too late- I've already started one on being a Sparky (yes, that's what the carpenters call us over here too)

Anonymous said...

Goodie, goodie yum yum :)

steve said...

Uh, oh Tony. Look out. Anonymous has sunk her fangs into you and she won't let go. I should know. She snagged me long ago. Now she can tease more than one person in a day. I bet she falls asleep chuckling.
:-D

Anonymous said...

My chuckle is more like a wicked mwahahahahaha

steve said...

Oooooo ! Gives me chills!
:-D

Tony LaRocca said...

Hey hey, Mrs. LaRocca has all exclusive vampire rights... (Discalimer for Tony's health)

Anonymous said...

Mr Anonymous totally understands health scare but Tony is not endangered to being exposed. Stop spreading rumours Steve!

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me you are another one Tony that didn't see I was wearing a skirt? More trouble being anonymous than it's worth. Still waiting eagerly for 'Sparky' cartton :)

Tony LaRocca said...

Tony recognized you as a skirt-wearer.
Tony's wife recognizes him as a reformed skirt-chaser.
Hence, the disclaimer for Tony's health.

Next up- Tony & Bob Dole discuss talking about themselves in the third person.