Friday, July 08, 2005

A Quick Review

I finally got to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I liked it, though it was slow in some parts- and the scene where Steve defends his boat against the pirates is so ridiculous that I wondered if the whole sequence would just turn out to be a dream. William Dafoe played the best character, IMHO. I didn't know he could do comedy. All in all, though, it was a thoughtful, intelligent comedy, from the Bowie songs in Portuguese to the cartoony CGI sea life. I'd recommend it if you like quirky humor. It seems to be one of those movies that people either loved or hated.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

isay (Marissa) said...

haven't seen it, i hope i can soon-i like bill and owen.

wildsnowflake said...

lucky liked it... for me, dafoe was the only hilight. the royal tannenbaums was much better (IMHO)