StatCounter

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Brrr, It's Cold in Here!



The Illustration Friday word of the week is COLD.

The lovely Jennifer says I have to explain this one. Here goes:

Cold is the absence of heat. Heat is the amount of movement of atomic particles. Therefore, a dead atom is pretty damn cold. The poor fellow was stabbed by a jilted lover- probably an argon atom. (I have it on good authority that argon is a petty, insecure little element.) Fear not, however. The universe seeks equilibrium. As soon as this little guy comes in contact with another atom, he'll absorb some of its heat (energy) until they are of equal temperature.

Yes, physics make vampires of us all.

TTFN
-Tony

8 comments:

Alina Chau said...

Ooooh ... poor guy!

Toni said...

Now that is cold.
Like alina said 'poor feller'

Anonymous said...

Agree this is as cold as it gets! Brrrrr

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Ahhhh Physics. I'd never have tagged you as FTG's brother. How cool. You'd be a fun brother. Or son. I think I'm way older than you. Did you know that they don't call yarn "twisted" just plied. In case it matters.

vfm4 said...

i'm so glad you explained... :)

french toast girl said...

You watched that Einstein special on PBS, didntcha?

Tony LaRocca said...

Thanks Surly- I'll tell my wife, as she's the habitual knitter

Elena- I MISSED IT! Aaargh! hopefully they'll either re-run it or it'll be available on DVD.

isay (Marissa) said...

thank you for the explanation.

poor little fellow!