Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm it- I'm it!

The multitalented Carla was kind enough to tag me. As I never could say no to an attractive (yet very intelligent) blond, here it goes.

20 random things about me:

1. I love milk
2. I hate bananas.
3. I had a dog named Bananas. French Toast Girl named him Bananas because "she goes bananas every time she sees us!"
4. French Toast Girl is my sister Elena.
5. I have another sister, Mary. Although Mary is quite a hoot and a holler, she does not have a blog.
6. I delete half the things I almost post to my blog, as I am afraid that people will think I'm even more sick, twisted and perverted than I already am.
7. I actually wanted to be a priest at one point in my misguided childhood.
8. In the words of the late great Grahm Chapman: "There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn’t know if he believes in anything or not."
9. I've always been obsessed with science.
10. I never actually wanted any of the jobs I've held: soldier, factory worker, Waldenbooks manager, S'barros manager, electrician…
11. My favorite high school job was being a projectionist at a local movie theater.
12. I know all the words to "American Pie," "We Will All Go Together When We Go," and "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota." (The longest songs I can think of.)
13. When working in a factory, ten years ago, a spilled bucked of acid burned a good bit of the skin on my right leg off.
14. I have written about 200 pages in 5 books, none of them ever finished.
15. I once did all my computer artwork on an Amiga. I paid $200 in '93 to up the processor to a whopping 60mhz and put in 24 megs of ram. I thought I was da shit.
16. I still have all my notebooks I've accumulated over the years, full of doodles (mostly of Star Trek, Star Wars, Tolkien & Dr. Who) various bits of creative writing, and love letters to girlfriends.
17. One comment from my first girlfriend- Alex (poor girl)- that has stuck with me is that I am "fashion unconscious."
18. I used to play Dr. Scott in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (in a movie theater floor-show cast.)
19. My two favorite albums are Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage."
20. I can't stand chain letters, so I'm not passing this one on. Feel free to make your own list or not.

TTFN
-Tony

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "Dark Side of the Moon"!

Heehee, knew everything else ...

Nicolás said...

wow i've passed a good time reading your post. congratulations for it.

carla said...

Tony...That was worth waiting for! I shall return later (when I'm actually awake) to tease you about several of your facts... Thanks for playing! You're a good sport, Sport :>

french toast girl said...

Lessee... what can I add....

21. He does an amazing version of "Baby Snakes" - when I finally heard the real Zappa song, it was a disappointment. His was so much better.

22. Answers to "Laughing Boy."

23. Once impersonated a traveling paper clip salesman (who then slipped up that he was in disguise and was indeed, "Paper Clip Man", the superhero.)

24. Makes a mean lasagna (or is it ziti?)

25. Makes the best-ever mix CDs for the kids, including songs from Monty Python and Tom Lehrer, explaining that they teach about Philosophy and Math.

love, one who knows....

isay (Marissa) said...

you made me smile tony! thanks for sharing them and the added numbers from your sister...

Jerzy Girl said...

Yes, I remember your old girlfriend Alex. Maybe you WERE "fashion unconscious," be she was definately in the realm of "LIFE unconscious."

Tony LaRocca said...

Jerzy- I am fashion unconcious- I would wear sneakers, jeans and a t-shirt to a funeral, if I wouldn't get stoned (in the biblical sense.)

In all fairness, Alejandra was a good person. I had a quite a few problems and I was in the habit of dumping them on those close to me- it was never fair to her. Ah well, live and learn. There's probably a Tony's Exs' Survivors Club somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Has Wonderwoman/Angel Jennifer SEEN Jerzy Girl? She had better also slap Carla. Exterminate, exterminate. Glad you have a nice Sister looking out for you Tony. I am usually a nice person };-} really .... Oh, and I am a day ahead of everyone ...

Jerzy Girl said...

SEEN me? I didn't know I was lost....

Tony LaRocca said...

Anon- why would Jen want to slap Carla?

Jerzy- my memory is fuzzier than an Ewok- feel free to fill in the gaps (by email if you wish)

Anonymous said...

I suggest you ask the lovely Jennifer why she wants to slap the VERY mature, multi-talented, attractive, yet intelligent blonde yourself!

Tony LaRocca said...

No, I think you're suggesting the lovely Jennifer might want to slap ME...

Anonymous said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. You are so bad and naive at the same time. Thank the Darleks for lovely Jennifer and wonderful French Toasty Girls :)

Knitting Painter Woman said...

I was going to tag you... because I think you are interesting. Too bad about foreman. Maybe you'll be a 21st century Eric Hoffer. Hope you can find more to your liking...

Hellcat said...

PS: I don't delete half the things I almost post to my blog, as I am not afraid that people will think I'm even more sick, twisted and perverted than I already am.