Friday, January 20, 2006

Memories, All Alone in the Moonlight…


Here we are again, another uninspired & banal Illustration Friday word. There's not much room for interpretation here. I was going to go for the cheap shot and draw some female genitalia in protest, (do I have to spell it out?) but then I'd probably be cast into P.C. hell. You're only allowed to draw naked women if you are a woman. I don't know, it seems like a rite of passage thing. If you're a woman and you draw a naked woman in some sort of depressed pose, then you're officially an artist. It's a chick thing.

On a completely other track, did I ever mention I have the best kids in the world? I was walking home this afternoon, and saw a few adorable seven-year-old-or-so tykes leaning out of an apartment window, yelling obscenities at my son and daughter. One of them actually told Joe that he would shoot him and Mandy. When they saw me, they started screaming at me, calling me a "fat fuck" among other cute and adorable things. I marked in my mind where their window was, and decided to return after dinner.

I went back to the apartment around 7:30. A man answered the door, and I could see in an instant from his surly expression where his children got their manners. Upon seeing me, the sweet little youngsters behind him ran cover. I asked him if his was the second window from the left. He rolled his eyes and asked me what had happened. I told him the story. Afterwards, he shrugged and said he'd take care of it. I could tell that I wasn't going to get an apology, either from him or his kids. I nodded, shook his hand, and left. As I walked to the elevator, the hallway echoed with screams and curses . I wondered what sort of punishment and hurt were going to go on behind that door, and if, for the kids, it would ever end.

TTFN
-Tony

22 comments:

Karlishhh said...

Kinds of cats, good idea the sketches are great

doodlegirl said...

Oh noOoooooooOoo. Whadda story!! I don't know where you live. As a "young 19-year-old" i lived in Harlem, NYC as a white girl experiencing "young life ministry" type.

Can I say, "STORIES?!"

Hope all is okay. Oh. And yeahhh.. I nearly forgot! Your illustrations of the cat is G r E a T ! ! ! :O)

Anonymous said...

Sweet little kiddies can be ADORABLE sometimes :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cats!! The right one knows where to take center stage!

Hellcat said...

MWAHAHAHA WHAT flea ridden strays are these? None from my Sandbox, I can asure you!

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Funny how some words are inspiring and others aren't. If I'd had the brush with lousy parenting and conduct-disordered kids you had, I wouldn't be inspired either. Their school apparently doesn't suspend kids for making threats of bodily harm. Hope they learn not to mess with your kids... (and that they find somebody who parents them better...)

Tony LaRocca said...

I actually live in a pretty good area of Flushing (Queens, which is part of NYC, for those who don't know.) That's actually NOT my worst parenting story for my development. My favorite one was the time we were at the playground, and a giant sow of a woman was carrying on an obscenity-laced cell phone conversation. Suddenly she said, "oh my God, my @$%!#$'ing son is pissing on the bushes! GET THE $%#@! OVER HERE!" A tow-headed boy of about three ran over. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU? YOU DON'T PISS ON THE PLAYGROUND! YOU GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BUSHES AND PISS THERE!"
An old lady reading on a bench said, "Why don't you tell your kids not to use the playground as a bathroom?"
"$^!@!!~%** OFF YOU OLD BITCH, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" The heifer screamed. What a world.

Jerzy Girl said...

Incrdible stories. No wondr this country i going to hll in a handbasket. Oh wll. At least its good to know that somone like you actually cars about raising your kids properly. Oh, and by the way, you can sketch my vagina anytime. ;)

Hellcat said...

Feral! Feral! Feral on the loose!!!!

Tony LaRocca said...

Now now, Jerzey, you still haven't answered my question. Which is: "What is your answer to Exidor's question?"

merlinprincesse said...

My! Strange cats and strange stories.... But I LOVE your drawings!!!!!!

Caroline said...

You've gone a long way with being creative with a word you don't like!

Tony Sarrecchia... said...

Nice, deranged looking cats. Good for you going back to the apartment and talking to the father.

; * said...

Feral, not the cats the "hood"! About the playground...sheesh.

Tony...has the world gone madd! Well yes, so we have art, even cat art!

Smooch,
The Tart

carla said...

You know, the more banal the topic, the better the rant in this neck of the web... Anyway, you've certainly put together a nice assortment of well-seasoned alley cats:> As for your expressive nieghbors...well, your story about the woman in the park says a lot...some kids are brought up like alley cats, and that's how they act.

Hellcat said...

You're 'banal the topics' attract Ferals Galore!!!!

Rudy Sporbeck said...

I know Jerzy, but not in the biblical sense. (I'd LOVE to know her that way!) She is a very cute hottie in person.

String said...

Twisted cats! heh heh heh

HARDWAX said...

angry world,thoughtful responce,frustated,angry cats-perfect IF

Lee said...

cool Tony, love the scruffy cats...and what rule book are you reading? naked women rock whoever draws them ;)...I can only imagine the kind of punishment me or my brothers would have gotten if a neighbor had come to the door with an experience like that...geez

Aravis said...

Draw any amount of naked ladies you like; I don't care. Might be best to discuss with wife first however. *G* I like the cats you did draw, though. :0)

What a terribly sad story regarding those children!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

tssk what a world indeed. now i see whats the inspiration for the drawings!

strange how rude people are nowadays.. i dont think you would hear people screaming such back in the 60s... sometimes its nice to think of being from that time..

irvine said...

no wonder the kids are like that! they got it from their daddy! good thing mine is gone. dont wanna grow up like him! (he's just like that man in your story)