StatCounter

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Back to Basics

Thank you all for your kind replies. Unfortunately, I can’t sit at the computer, & I can’t log in to Blogger with my Ipaq's browser (thank you Jen for posting this for me) so I can’t comment on everyone's artwork in return. I promise to do so as soon as I’m able. I got my MRI today, & I see the doc on Thursday, so I'll let everyone know what's wrong as soon as I do. After a week I’m still pretty much the same- I can’t sit or stand for more than 5-10 minutes, and I can only walk in baby-steps. Other than that, I stay in bed.

A friendly bit of advice you might not want: Even if you are bedridden, do try to take a crap now and then. I was determined to foil my bowels, using mind-over-fecal-matter, until I was more comfortable sitting down. Well after six days, I just couldn’t hold back anymore. When I was done, it took up 3/4 of the toilet bowl- I shit you not! (pun intended) I begged Jen to save & weigh it for the Guinness people, but for some reason she wouldn’t. Wouldn’t even take a picture. The point is... crap is like emotions. Don’t let either build up too much, because A) it hurts like hell when it finally comes out, & B) when it does, it might be something for the records books.

Thank you Jen, for being my angel & taking care of me, & thank you all for reading this (if there's anyone left.)

TTFN
Tony

3 comments:

wildsnowflake said...

What is with men wanting to take photos of their fecal matter?! I actually dated a guy who showed me a photo of one the size of a curled up kielbasa. And he was proud of it... I wonder if he ever showed his wife!

I store my emotions in my shoulders and neck... there is something to the emotion part although your pain is probably a slipped disc of some sort. Use reflexology as an excuse for Jen to rub your hobbit feet http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/cs/uk/11/features/reflexology/extract.html for a map :)

Lee said...

lol Tony, gives new meaning to the phrase "shit happens"....sorry, you're feeling so...shitty...okay I'll stop ;)...feel better, I know you're hating this...

Knitting Painter Woman said...

I concur with your emotions:shit theory. It's hard to recognize when you are holding back though. Until it's too late. So sorry your back is kaput. I like your amphibious springs!!

(Maybe you let go of some of last weeks' anger? )