Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Most Boring Blog Entry in the Universe

Hello. I'm here to bore you. I have absolutely nothing to say. However, I thought I should post something, so I'm just going to say a bunch of random gibberish crap. Please feel free, at any time, day or night, to read it and be bored.

I've been too tired lately- it's an effort to get up and face the day, not that my day is that strenuous at all. When I come home, all I want to do is go and take a nap. Maybe it's just too much effort being me. Who else could I be for a change? No one. There's really no one I'd rather be than myself. Isn't that depressing? Maybe it's just too much effort being alive. But what if being dead takes a lot more effort? Then I'd be dead AND tired. That would suck. I think that's the best thing I could tell someone who's contemplating suicide: "Yes, but what if being dead is even worse?" I think the biggest kick in the ass would be if there was an infinite afterlife that was just a repeat of this one. You'd have the same job, same car, same lifestyle for all eternit- Damn, my monitor just blinked again & made a little FFTZZT noise. I hope it doesn't explode in my face. That would be a mess for Jen to come home and find, God forbid the kids to see. And, apart from having glass exploded into my skull, I'd be tired. This month is too damn expensive- far too expensive to buy a new monitor. Would you believe I just spent $350 getting my Grand Marquis inspected? Two steering joints were almost cracked through. Thank God it didn't happen when anyone was driving, though. And union dues are due at the end of the month, and I need new boots… sigh… What if I just got an IV, put some glucose solution in it, and attached it to my wrist? Would that be cheaper than eating? At least I would always get a seat in the handicap section of the bus. We deposited $300 in Savings Bonds we got as a wedding gift- would you believe they take eighteen years to mature? I always thought it was seven- so they were only worth $213. Better than nothing, I suppose, but… eighteen years? That must be inhumanly below inflation.

Bored yet?

Goodnight

-TTFN
Tony

8 comments:

french toast girl said...

(Yawn)

I love you, lots. Life is boring, and tiring, lots of times. The exciting parts make up for the tiring parts, if you're lucky.

love, me

fin said...

boring posts are actually kind of interesting....

merlinprincesse said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Ian T. said...

Tony, you're sounding a bit midlifey to me... definitely keep up your creativity, and reward yourself a little, and stay away from hot, cute women (no kidding!). And talk to other guys around your age when you can. This part of life is tough, and can get really, really tough and yes, very boring as well. Needing to sleep all the time isn't a good sign, unless you fairly sleep deprived.

Sarah said...

Amen, Brother. Good to see I'm not the only one in this boat.

Tony LaRocca said...

Stay away from hot, cute women? Jesus, like having a wife isn't enough of a hassle...

atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh.. having all those monthly dues.. being almost zombie-like when coming home (well count that i work 10 hours each day for weeks now, including weekend over-times.. and all at graveyard shifts) and the rest of my family going on a weekend trip at a Theme Park (without me - coz i have to work!) brr.. now that is what i call boring! haa!! well all work have its pay.. someday (even if it takes 18 years or so)

catnapping said...

Darn, and I was gonna get all hot and cute on ya, too...