StatCounter

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Curses, Foiled Again!

What can you do when it's two in the morning, your back hurts when you sit down, and you can't sleep? Take some tinfoil, a cup, a camera, a microphone, and a hand- and viola! You have… Rapture in Tin Foil! (It's a stop-animation movie. Click on it. You know you want to.)



I would have transcribed my little "doo doo doo"ing into piano music if I had the time. Unfortunately, I wasn't that bored. I've tried demos of programs that transcribe sound into midi files and they're not quite up to snuff. Or maybe I just can't stay on pitch long enough to get it right.

For anyone who's had a problem using title cards with Windows Movie Maker: (You put a bitmap image in front of your movie and your finished .wmv only has a few seconds of the image, followed by a static image of the first frame of your movie.) Make your picture into an avi first, then use that movie instead of the image. This usually works.

TTFN
Tony

16 comments:

LDahl said...

Yeah!!! Applause...Applause!!
Big smile for you!!!

scarecrow said...

Author! Author!

The sound track is killer!

Later

TXArtcGal said...

Once again...you rock! LOL! I have to say, however...I was glad you didn't chew that foil! The entire time I was watching her flick, my teeth hurt thinking you were going to! LOL! Thanks for the smile!

TXArtcGal said...

Watching YOUR flick!! Geesh!!! I wish we could edit our comments! LOL!

HARDWAX said...

The music was exceeded only by the lavish set design. Lots of fun, and very cool stuff! Sorry your aching back was the catalyst, but enjoyed it, does that make me a sadist, hmmmm.

Rayne said...

Well done! It reminded me of Gumby but not as scary.

Lou said...

Imagine what can be done with a good night sleep and no back pain! I must say that this is really cool. I love this type of art. My favorite programs are the old childrens stop motion animation films, especially the Christmas ones.

String said...

Okay, so I wake up, go to your page, have a great chuckle - silently of course recalling the tin foil I smashed just a few minutes ago, unaware the WHOLE time it was alive...I am bad...that was great, absolutely loved it - you have a career in film, I just know it!

Caroline said...

Hilarious - and you can do magic too! ;-)

Roz Foster said...

Oh, wow. That was quite an experience! Man, you must have been bored, my friend. Too, too funny.

Ginger*:) said...

All Right Tony... you are just having way too much fun.

This really made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

lol You are a master at the art of tinfoil! Lots of fun.

madretz said...

This is so freaking cool! Love your doo dooing, too...the perfect accompaniment. One of the funniest and creative things I've seen. Bravo!
Sometimes ya gotta love insomnia.

Sweet Harvey LLC said...

Fabulous! This is definately something I havent tried! Brandi

merlinprincesse said...

My oh my! I have to try that! Now I have a challenge.... What could I do...I will think about it... :)))

Clo said...

Me and my daughter really love your little animations! My sis Merlinprincesse showed that to us, and we looked at all of them.

My daughter's favorite is "Checkmate"! Me too! :O)