StatCounter

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Who are the People in Your Neighborhood?

As the doctor says it will be a month before I can go back to work, I've been trying to walk a little bit every day. Things I've noticed in my neighborhood (besides the usual delis, Laundromats, supermarkets, apartment buildings, and all the other things you'd expect to find in Queens) are:

1) A Bollywood theatre (Anyone want to see 36 Chinatown?)
2) A hospital with the 4' high 10' long EMERGENCY sign upside-down,
3) A Catholic church with an actual granite tombstone out front… with a fetus engraved on it.

You never know what you might find if you go looking. Anyone else find anything interesting in their own neck of the woods?

TTFN
-Tony

5 comments:

Caroline said...

A whole month more? That's tough.

But walking is a good idea and it sounds like you've been making the most of it.

Is the hospital's sign upside because its for people on stretchers to read?

In our neighbourhood I've got too used to what is here now to consider it strange... maybe I need to put on a new head and go look!

Lee said...

I got a granite blasting quarry and CSX train depot down the street from our place....there's also the swamp monster private club...how's that for local flavor?

glad to hear you're up and moving around!

scarecrow said...

I saw a dog with a rabbit in it's mouth. People are looking at me a little weird. Hope I am not the local strangeness.

Later

The Unknown said...

I got karate man and a place called the Yur Inn tavern in my neck o the woods.
love

Rayne said...

Upside down???? Why is the sign upside down? I'm sorry, but I couldn't live with that. If they were unwilling to fix it I would have to sneak out there at night and fix it myself. Upside down???