StatCounter

Friday, July 07, 2006

Illustration Friday: Skyline


(click above for higher resolution)

Here's the view from my brain.

I had so much fun making my sticky-guy last week that I decided to melt him. He deserved it. Probably.

Sky line: Angel, your legs must be tired after running 'round heaven all day.

I want to make one of those anti-smoking commercials where someone is burning in hell for giving second-hand-smoke to innocent babies. Seriously- flames burning their rotting flesh and muscles off their skeletons & everything. As each anti smoking commercial becomes more and more an act of emotional terrorism, it's the next logical step. (Anyone outside the U.S. probably has no idea what I'm talking about.)

A skyline is wherever the ground (or an object on the ground) meets the sky. Ergo, you can have a skyline that's 1x10^-infinite millimeters across. It's all a matter of perspective.

TTFN
-Tony

24 comments:

Majeak Ann said...

hu..I wish I could be there..there..just right now!
great!!

-Marjorie

LudaChristian said...

Nice work! Love the textures... especially in the moon. If only we could see it that clearly!

String said...

Beautiful! Really nice illo, love it-looks like some creature should come walking over the horizon....hint-hint...

Think I will go out and have a ciggy -

Just kidding of course....

Teri C said...

Wow, eerie and gorgeous!! Nice brain waves you have.

Jana Bouc said...

This is spectactular! It's so evocative and such a wonderfully personal and unique viewpoint. I love the huge moon.

ChristyMarcusLitster said...

Very beautiful... it has an almost serene quality abou tit.

Great job!!

Studio Zuga said...

this is majestic and mysterious nice work as usual
tony

french toast girl said...

...and I liked your "Angel" line too.

Issi said...

Hello Tony :o))beautiful work, keep in touch, Issi

Serline said...

It seems like an lunar surface.Amazing!

merlinprincesse said...

Do you smoke? Me neither. Mwhahahahahahaha!
Hahum... This is a wonderful image from a wonderful (and mad... YOU said me) mind! *teehee*

Edric Hsu said...

The melting man is pretty freaky!
But this dreamscape is a beauty! :D

Lou said...

This is so cool. I love the details you were able to do on this. I wish the moon was this close all the time. I would just love looking at the craters for hours upon end.

Loni Edwards said...

Very cool! I love the shadows and all the textures. Nice job!

carla said...

Very trippy, Tony. I think I visted that place in my sleep last night. Cigarettes are evil. Make the commercial:>

The Unknown said...

Wow! That's freaking cool!
love

HARDWAX said...

I feel like something is about to crawl out from those dark caverns Sticky Guy didn't fill, made me so nervous I had to have a cig. Stepping on Sticky to get a birds eye view of the universe seems a bit rude, but well worth it just the same. Beautiful piece and thought provoking always!

Suzan said...

Very nice. Love the textures!

Gabrielle said...

I think the unknown said it best when he said: Wow! That's freaking cool! because IT IS!!

I really like your sticky guy pre-barbecue too (last weeks IF)

donnamcm said...

I really like this. Kinda creepy but serene.

TXArtcGal said...

Awesome job! The textures are wonderful!...Very nice!

Michael O'Connell said...

fab work tony… sorry i missed your sticky man last week… that is AMAZING…

Alina Chau said...

this is real cooool!

merlinprincesse said...

View from your brain!?! You have a nice brain, Tony! :)