StatCounter

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Gripes, Gripes, & More Gripes

Question: What's wrong with this picture?


Answer: There is a person actually taking time out of her life to picket city hall to get a law passed that will ban trans-fats in restaurants. Never mind that this is yet another blow to the concept of personal responsibility, (I do live in a city where two chubbies are suing McDonalds because they supposedly had no idea that eating there daily was bad for their health,) I’m talking about the fact that this bimbo has nothing better to do with her life than protest fat. I WOULD GIVE MY RIGHT TESTICLE TO HAVE SO LITTLE WORRIES IN MY LIFE THAT I COULD CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE EAT!

Other things that my stomach-twisting-stress-filled-life keeps me from giving a rat's ass about:

Same Sex Marriage. Who cares, it leaves more for the rest of us- though I have to wonder how many gays only want to get married because they're told they can’t.

What to Call Same Sex Marriages. What, it's like the Sneeches? You want to be able to tell who has stars on thars? Actually, it would be pretty funny if they had a national lottery to see who could come up with the best name.

Any Sports Team. Baseball season is over, so who cares? Besides, if the Yankees no longer give a damn, why should I?

Paris Hilton, Madonna, Britany Spears, etc., etc., etc! Please feel free, however, to keep posting pictures of Lindsy Lohan falling out of her top. Thank you.

Electon 2006. To quote (the novel) The Godfather, "’I don’t trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.’"
From The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror VII, Citizen Kang: (Bill Clinton and Bob Dole have been revealed to really be squid-like aliens Kang and Kodos.)
Kang: It's a two-party system. You have to vote for one of us!
Man: Well then, I believe I'll vote for a third party candidate!
Kang: Go ahead! Throw your vote away! Ahahahaha!

By all means, feel free to add your own.

TTFN
-Tony

5 comments:

Rayne said...

Reality Shows and the rest of the drek on t.v. I like cartoons. Someone actually took the time to write a story for it and color it all nice and pretty.
I can't tell you how amazed I am every time someone asks me what I think about one show or another and I tell them I've never seen it before and they just go off on a rant about how I have to see it or not only is my life incomplete but I will be shoved down to the bottom most rung on the ladder of social ratings.

Rayne said...

On NaNoWriMo:
Wasn't sure if you would go back and read the comments or not. So I thought I would post this here instead.
The sent out a special letter yesterday and asking for patience on the lag time. Over 70,000 people from around the world signed up this year and they are working on the lag time. They said it will be better by the end of the week and also keep in mind that a lot of people drop off as the month goes on.

Katherine said...

Oh, so with you! Especially re the Election crapola going on now due to John Kerry - who isn't even running yet managed to put both feet in his bigass mouth! Unbelievable.

String said...

I totally agree, people have a right to eat fat, smoke, drink etc...I guess it is when you eat fat and drive, brain all soggy from huge molecules - that the trouble begins to start...slow response time, the craving for more, inattention to driving, attention to fast food signs...you know the drill. Prohibition on life!

Ian T. said...

It's that human fixation with piddling small things that ensures we all go little-by-little to oblivion.

It's funny what issues people choose as their personal crusades. Yeah, trans fat is bad, but really...