StatCounter

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Summer Wind, Came Blowin in, from Across the Sea...



A Poem:

The wind came blowing from across the sea
The wind came blowing just to look for me
The wind brought with it driving rains
The wind, it blasted out my brains!

-Tony LaRocca
from Poems that Will Never be in an Elementary School English Book.

An open notice to all politicians:

GEORGE BUSH IS NOT RUNNING FOR RE-ELECTION. Understand? So please do not make EVERY SINGLE DAMNED AD about how your opponent once lit a doobie with George Bush, and tell me what you actually plan to do!

An open note to John Spencer.

Wait- you say- who is John Spencer? I didn’t know either, until he got a tiny bit of ink by telling a reporter that Hillary Clinton must have had millions of dollars of surgery done, because she was butt-ugly in college. (Not his exact words.) First of all, she’s still butt-ugly, but that’s beside the point. The point is, I never even knew someone was even running against her- and I read the news every day. I guess this is what her opponent had to say to actually get his name in the paper. The only problem is that the schmuck must have absolutely nothing to offer, if he had to resort to this bit of idiocy. Of course, he could have simply said that she’s done absolutely NOTHING for New York in the past two years she’s been in office… goddamn moron.

Using Dosbox, I actually got the original Hack 3.61 to run on my Pocket PC! (There’s a port of Nethack, but I hate Nethack. Is there ANYONE out there who’s ever won Nethack without cheating?) The only problem is that it won’t load the savegames. I’m not sure if this is the fault of the Dosbox beta or Hack. If you’re a true geek, you’ll understand.

TTFN
-Tony

22 comments:

CATRAVEN said...

wonderful art! great depiction of wind!

Good poem but cheer up! You are a very talent man!
Meow for now,
Catraven=^..^=

San Diego Art Nut said...

Well, if Bush is not running then let's stop paying Carl Rove a salary.
Really great illustration.
Also got a start when I realized that your wallpaper was staring back. Spooky.

JO said...

This is fabulous, really clever.

Michelle Lana said...

funny...great work!

Rayne said...

Wonderful poem. Inspirational, even.
Perhaps you could run against Hillary? Hillary scares me.

Anonymous said...

Your poem is too true for being in an Elementary School English Book! I would have liked to see more brains in the image ...

Robert McLaughlin said...

I like your image. I like your common sense political philosophy. I'm getting to really despise politics and the pimps of politics, the politicians. That having been said, I want their grubby little thieving hands out of my pockets--so I usually (always) vote for the party that doesn't want to raise taxes. Sound simplistic? Aye, that be true, but then I'm a simple man.

Steve said...

Very cool, nice poem too

Tiger Mouse said...

Love your illo - there's been a wind like that in Melbourne lately - it's got a real icy edge to it, feels like it blows your skin off...

Aravis said...

Ok, you're illo and poem made me chuckle. I loved them both! *G*

As for the damn politicos and their carping and whining, election day can't come soon enough. With the exception of Sundays, my phone has rung off the hook all day, every day and into the evening and they're all calls from candidates. Or rather, recordings from candidates or their supporters. And do you think one of them talked about their issues or platforms. Not a single one. Every last message left was a nasty attack on their opponent, offering me nothing but their vitriolic rants.

I do enough of that watching the news; I don't need it done to me. *G*

Lee said...

great stuff Tony! the poem should definately be included in elementary school textbooks ;)

and "I burned one with Bush" sounds like a great t-shirt!!

Caroline said...

What a great image - he looks set to be blown right away.

Studio Zuga said...

whats not to like u got it all a nice complicated drwg (to do) a catchty lil poem and and wonderful commentary as to whats wrong with this place lol

scarecrow said...

Whoa there Tony! You certainly have a good hold on this windy topic.

Later

chacha said...

very funny and very creative!!

Suzan said...

Great job!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very fun Tony!

Pat Angello said...

Is that Nicole Richie?

Sorry - couldn't resist after seeing the post above!

HARDWAX said...

One might think the metal man was blown to that angle by the wind, but considering the artist, I'd say he hoisted himself up their.
Fascinating and weird, who could ask for more.

Bron Smith said...

What a unique, clever solution to the challenge.

Jules said...

Hilarious.

net-net4 said...

Nice work...
I invite you to visit my blog.
I add two fotos every day...
If you leave me a little cool poem i edit it in the frontal page.
Read you...