Friday, November 10, 2006

IF: Clear



The cheap made-in-Mexico electrical tape my shop buys leaves far too much residue. Duct tape rips easily. What exactly is the difference between a cold dish of revenge and a hot dish of revenge? This sucks because electrical tape is the perfect band-aid. Oh God, every night I regret that I didn't. Eating and drinking the body and blood of Christ makes me a cannibal and a vampire. Now I have little black smears all over the apartment. What, can you make me have rainbow shots? A guy was mauled by a bear out in the woods and survived by wrapping his body back together with duct tape 'till help arrived. I sliced my finger on a jagged edge of an aluminum stud.

Put those thoughts in the correct logical order. Find someone else who put them in a different order, and explain to them why they are wrong. If they resist, beat the living shit out of them for their own good, until they agree your way is the only way. Then tell them that you're sorry, and they were right all along.

I'm going to bed.

TTFN
-Tony

17 comments:

carla said...

Hmmm.. and I thought it was all so perfectly clear! This illo looks like Bruce Willis coming up from the bottom of the ocean, gasping for air. Very nightmarish, I must say! As for duck tape... yeah, it sucts when it doesn't work properly. Then my shoes keep falling apart.

Studio Zuga said...

as J giels once said, "theres a rage in the cage."
great visual to go with ur commentary.

Caroline said...

Yup as clear as mud

steve said...

Ahhhhhhhh--the horror, the horror!!! This is great Tony and clearly disturbing. And you went to bed after this?!? Glad I didn't!

Amy Zaleski said...

Ow, my head hurts...but I do dig your super cool illustration!!

Michelle Lana said...

That's scary tony..but, great work!

merlinprincesse said...

You clearly need to sleep more, young man! ;o) Nice illo! Hheheeee! I don't understand why. Some people are lazy! YOU tell me! And ducktape is not involved here!
You can now try to put this comment in order. Even if some parts are missing. Clear? Hhehehe!

Rrramone said...

Tony, I'm glad I don't live in your brain, but this is cool!

Shano said...

I'm confused and scared. Glad you could find sleep after that piece!!

String said...

Accckkk, thank god I read this in the morning...watching a BBC thing on Leary - perfect backdrop to your post.

Tony Sarrecchia... said...

I thought of the movie "Altered States" when I saw this. Nice job. Is that from Poser?

ValGalArt said...

this is an amazing piece here Tony! Scary too! I'm so glad that you have a blog, I always find you interesting, funny and out there!!!

Tony LaRocca said...

Tony- I made the guy in poser, then rendered him & the water in 3ds Max

Bron Smith said...

Wow, you really scored a bullseye on this one, Tony. A very powerful image.

V.K. said...

yummy word mashup, me brain feels much better now!!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

A very cool image! And I enjoyed your review of Borat, which I'm looking forward to seeing. A lot.

sage said...

that's very cool!