Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's Curtains for you Rocky... Curtains!

One of my Mother-In-Law's plethora of complaints is that in the 8 & 3/4 years my family & I have lived in this apartment, Jen and I do not have curtains in our bedroom. (We have shades, of course, we're not sponsoring a peep show.) This seriously, seriously bothers her. To be honest, it was one of those "we'll get around to it's" that never materialized, and you know what- I actually like the look. I'll start a trend. What amazes me is the obsession that we should put curtains up because "it's what people do." I guess this is a case of when brain filters collide. I tend to live, as Vonnegut said in Cat's Cradle, inside my own mind.

TTFN
-Tony

4 comments:

Rayne said...

Maybe it's a generational thing. My mom is the same way about curtains. She can't understand why I don't have curtains in my bedroom either. I also have blinds. Not into scaring the neighbors. AGGH! It's stick woman! And she's allliiiivvveeee!
Sorry, Crohn's is acting up. Losing weight. And I missed Charlie Brown! My angst knowns no bounds.

Caroline said...

We have blinds - no curtains... no comment from my mother-in-law thank goodness!

Tony LaRocca said...

We have blinds in the living room, but just regular Home-Depot roll-shades in the bedroom. I hope I start a new trend.

LDahl said...

we don't need no stinking curtains!!!!!!