Saturday, November 04, 2006

Up in Smoke, that's Where My Money Goes...



I don't know. It was the first thing that came to mind.

Being a Robert Crumb fan, I once saw the biopic, "Crumb." Someone told that Crumb's brother was into some sort of yoga where he would eat a string, leaving the end sticking out of his mouth. He would then wait for the rest of the string to pass through his body, and then be able to floss himself. Whether this is a total load of crap, it still makes a fascinating story. Come on, who wouldn't floss themselves if they could?

I need to floss my brain.

I took my son to see Magnificent Desolation, an Imax Film about the moon. Great, educational, but the ending pissed me off, because they showed this Latino chick in the future as the head of the moon colony. I have no problems with Latino chicks or having them in charge, what I have a problem with is this is total bullshit. Unless we discover some sort of moon element that will cause immortality or something else fantastically useful, we'll NEVER have colonies on the moon, because who ever moves there- or is born there- will never be able to walk on the Earth again! Their muscles will have atrophied far too much under the moons 1/6 g gravity. Think about it- why haven't we spread across the surface of Antarctica yet? BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING THERE! So as much as I love the thought of living on the moon- this cynic doesn't see it happening.

I take no joy in this. No one wants off this planet more than me. I hate it. I hate the people on it, bar my family. I hate environmentalists the most, because all they want to do is save the planet. Nuke the whales, and give the roaches a chance.

TTFN
-Tony

15 comments:

Studio Zuga said...

to funny tony thanks for the laugh

Robert McLaughlin said...

Not sure I'd want to floss like that! Appreciate the comments. Hmmm, hope you don't hate me :>) being a resident of this earth and all!

Ciao,
Roberto

String said...

R. Crumb hung out in my hometown before he moved to France...we used to see him at the local veg cafe and he knew lots of friends of mine, my son went to school with his daughter. The string thing is a yoga technique, some people WERE doing that back then in Davis, don't know if his bro was or not. You ought to come by my constructive bitch blog - considering your mood these days. I am a fan of whales btw and an environmentalist - oh dear, fighting words...it's okay I practice my martial arts in the dream state!

scarecrow said...

Someone needs a hug!
Later

Cez said...

too funny Tony....i'm back!!!!

Michelle Lana said...

Funny one tony! great!

Rayne said...

He flossed himself??? What the hell kind of thing is that to do to oneself? what kind of person sits around thinking about doing stuff like that to himself?

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

What a fun illustration! And a great story to go with it!

Fossfor said...

Ouch! I'm going to have nightmares about the flossing story ;)

georg said...

Poor man - maybee he shouldn't smoke anymore?

Very funny!

ValGalArt said...

There is probably some deeper reason to floss yourself than we know! Keep up the rants Tony you are great!

steve said...

Yeah, I too saw the Crumb documentary and that part with his brother flossing himself deeply disturbed me for some reason. It truly freaked me out! Very interesting story though. Didn't his other brother kill himself or something? The whole film made me feel very normal. Anyhow, cool drawing. BTW, Earth's not that bad a place, really. It's mostly some of the people that inhabit this fine planet that make it miserable. Just my two cents--take or leave it. Take care.

Ian T. said...

There was another documentary about Robert Crumb and his family a few years before the Crumb film that I thought gave amazing insight into these guys, but I don't know what it was called.

Your pic is disturbing - I'm sure it means something, I'm just not sure what! :)

I think you're wrong about saving the planet - you can hate people and still think the world itself is worth saving! That's one reason global warming pisses me off - it's so preventable and all being done in such a short period, and could mean the demise of all life, not just people. A truly unique planet. (The book Dead Mars, Dying Earth is a good downer on this subject).

Don't blame all environmentalists for the ridiculous extremists - all important movements have some of those, but they don't represent the rank and file in most cases.

Y'know, I don't think that flossing thing would work, but it'd be expensive to find out, given the price of floss (not to mention inconvenient) :).

Princess Pepper Cloud said...

The first thing that came to mind! Would you like to borrow my "Alice in Wonderland"?

Ps. Your blog is very entertaining.

Twisselman said...

You certainly get one thinking... not too sure I want to dwell too long on the body-floss thing. Your illustration is good, disturbing, but that can be a good thing. So sorry the folks on the globe are causing you distress. Take care.