StatCounter

Saturday, January 27, 2007

See the red head being fed bread on his sled being led as he sped to be wed but he fled instead...

Illustration Friday: Red

(click above image for higher resolution)

A friendly little saucer leaves the Red Planet

Red. Blah. It's a little too wide for a subject. Too many things came to mind. The first was the line from Clive Barker's Books of Blood: "Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." However, I did the horror shtick last week. (Besides, who needs horror when there's so many cool things in real life?) Other thoughts were the red-shift of starlight moving away from us (sort of like the Doppler Effect in sound,) Santa Claus, roses, and of course, Leo McKern in HELP! as a Thuggee cult leader who wants to sacrifice Ringo, but can't until he is painted red. So I went with my age old fantasy of aliens coming to take me home, back to the normal people.

My head's felt all day like it's full of cotton candy, accompanied by a general feeling of anxiety. I don't know if its the heat in this apartment baking me like a convection oven or what. At least I didn't have to work today. The money's good, but I'm so tired. I like the people I'm working with & for, & they seem very happy with me. Why can't I work so hard for myself as I do for someone else?

Take care, my friends.

TTFN
-Tony

PS! Go to the 2007 Bloggies, and vote for Elena (aka French Toast Girl) for Best Designed Weblog! Then tell all your friends to go & vote for her too! Well? What are you waiting for?

PPS- Not to sound jealous or anything, but I'm I the only one to notice that ALL of YouTube's featured Director Videos (across the top and in the right side margin) lately are provided by networks? So much for encouraging the little guy...

PPPS- A kiss on the nose to whoever can tell me what this post's title is from.

4(P)+S- Too late- the winner is Larry Lee, who recognized that the title came from here. (And thanks for deferring the nose-kiss to my kids!)

22 comments:

studio lolo said...

I cheated and tried Googling that phrase. Nada!! Big goose egg! I'll keep checking back to seeif anyone got it.

Nice Saturn and space ship. Some days I wish I was on it!

Larry Lee said...

A fat cat sat on a hat, saw a rat on the mat, got a bat, had a chat with a gnat that he'd pat in a vat that was flat...

See the small ball on the tall wall, see it fall in a hall, see it crawl, give its all its call, "Hi, y'all!" see it stall, wear a shawl...

I believe the two lines come from the same source. If I'm right, give your son the kiss on the nose. (If I'm not, give him one anyway)

I agree with you on the openness of 'red'. Too many places to go.

Michelle Lana said...

Great take, tony! very cool.

Hellcat said...

"Red. Blah. It's a little too wide for a subject. Too many things came to mind." SHOULD HAVE SIMPLIFIED your choice. ANGER!!!!!!!

Hellcat said...

I hate the Bot Fly! I mean ATE IT!

isay (Marissa) said...

you know what- i enjoy clicking my mouse up and down. i really like the layout of your site and those eyes in the background with the black color.

i hope elena will win!

String said...

No kidding, just want to open the window but it's toooooooooooo cold.

Caroline said...

Have you ever been abducted by aliens? I had a dream that I was once... but I'm glad to say I woke up and it had all been... just a dream.

Inkster said...

this blows my mind

french toast girl said...

HA! I figured I was exempt. I know that song backwards... and this is the truly scary thing, I was going to try to figure out how to do an iFri illo of the same thing. ("Fat Cat", not Mars.)

Thanks for the shoutout... I still say you should have been up there for Most Humorous Blog.

Aravis said...

This is very cool, Tony! Hope you're feeling less cotton-candy-ish.

harmoniousjosh said...

"... and tripped on a thread in a shed where his head was shred until he bled til dead. So tread with dread, said Ted.

Zed.

ValGalArt said...

This is a pretty great submission for this topic and you are right it is a broad prompt but you did good!!! i love it!

Twisselman said...

A very rich post. From the illustration to your text and through the comments. Hitting on all cylinders.

HARDWAX said...

Your spaceship is prettier than my space ship.

Bron Smith said...

Wow... a dramatic use of brilliant light and shadow. A very dramatic image.

Issi said...

Hello Tony :o)
beautiful red, amazing illustration,
best wishes,
Issi

Tony LaRocca said...

HARDWAX - Thanks, but your spaceship looks like a hell of a lot more fun to be on!

Alina Chau said...

awesome illo!! Love your space ship!

Studio Zuga said...

lol ur comment back to miri is exactly wht i was thinking lol but both have a sense of style

ChristyMarcusLitster said...

I love it! I wish that I would have thought of a scene from HELP! that would have been perfect coming from a die hard beatle fan like me.

I guess I just lack the creativity to get inspired from "red"

V.K. said...

I can always count on edification when I visit you over here, Tony. I can't wait to see what my brain dreams tonight, after watching not only the bot fly video link you provided us, but this one too (the language used is great...maggot and so forth):

http://www.vexman.com/botflyremoval.wmv

oh good lord, my scalp itches now....