Monday, March 05, 2007

And the dreams get weirder...

Last night I dreamt that I was at my parent's house in NJ. I was woken by the noise of a mob, and the explosion of cannons. I looked out the window and saw thousands upon thousands of men with torches and cannons surrounding our house. I woke up my father. "Oh," he said nonchalantly, "that's just my army." He walked out onto the deck like a king on the parapet, and proclaimed, "It's too early, go back to bed!" The men slunk off into the trees, grumbling that their fun was called off.

Now the weird bit.

I called my parents tonight to tell them about this. While my dad got a big kick out of it, my mom told me that they're doing a Revolutionary War reenactment in Liberty Corner tomorrow, (complete with cannons, bayonets, and other 1700's paraphernalia) about a mile from my parents' house! Maybe the ghosts got stirred a day early. (Although he's a Korean War vet, I'm not sure how my father fits into this. Reincarnation?)

TTFN
-Tony

8 comments:

Tanya Nichols said...

OH MY!!! WIERD that you picked up on the reenactment ...WIERD!!!!!

Aravis said...

Wild. And all of this while I'm studying the Revolutionary War. I was reading about it late into last night... perhaps all of us were in the same loop? :0)

Caroline said...

Have you read

Dreaming True: How to Dream Your Future and Make Your Life Better
by Robert Moss

I've had lots of precog dreams in the past... and not always paid attention to them when I ought to..

Tony LaRocca said...

Caroline: I think the only problem would be that if I were to have precog dreams, they would be utterly useless things, like what's going to be on TV.

Sam said...

Woooah! Thats a bit creepy! Can you tell me what I am doing next weekend? ;-)

Caroline said...

That's probably true - one of my best recorded precogs was of a film I didn't know I was going to be seeing!

Tony LaRocca said...

Gromit- (holding the envelope to my head like Carnack (Johnny Carson's future-telling character) Next week, I foresee you will be... commenting on my next Illustration Friday picture... :)

String said...

Ohh cool dream, I dreamed that there was a war in LA and also in Hawaii! I was behind the lines 'watching' the soldiers.