StatCounter

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I Seeee Yoouuuuuuuu.....

Illustration Friday: Hide

You can't hide from the guy in the glass.

Catching up to last week: I realize my illustration for communication might need a little explanation, but I enjoy seeing what other people come up with. Our minds make a model of the world from what little information of it our limited senses can detect. Everyone's filters are a little different. The guy on the left picks out certain items and perceives eternity (the eight on its side, for those who didn't get it.) He tries to explain this to the person on the right, whose perception's filters are a little more down to earth. He gets the message, but it becomes slightly garbled, and he sees the world as a concrete thing rather than an abstract- hence the translation of the infinity symbol into the number eight.

I've gotten a MySpace page, so I can keep up with my friends that already have them. If you have one, feel free to add me as a friend. (Just message me if I don't recognize you.)

TTFN
-Tony

20 comments:

travis king said...

nice illustration!

Ginger*:) said...

Excellent... what a neat illustration.

Lee said...

cool stuff tony...lots on going on that one! the eyes are perfect...

harmoniousjosh said...

Sure you can. The thing is, when you're hiding, so is he.

Studio Zuga said...

lov the bumper sticker lol and i checked out ur myspace ah cosmik debri good choice

Tony LaRocca said...

LOL I actually had that bumper sticker on my first car, a VW Golf. I had another one that said "My other vehicle is a Bird of Prey," And a "TARDIS Parking only" window sticker. I didn't mind proclaiming to the world that I was a geek...

Michelle Lana said...

That's so funny :)

Teri C said...

wow, those eyes kept following me around. What a fun thing to do!!

Josy said...

Oddly, this is exactly what my mirror looks like, but with sticky notes so I don't forget what I'm supposed to be doing. I like!

Anonymous said...

Most excellent illustration. Hmmmm, Yes, I see something different when looking in a mirror :) "WAS" a geek? Hhahhahhaaaa ... see you in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE ...

HARDWAX said...

I've been looking at this a few minutes, this is the creepiest, yet strange-here's your average bathroom with shells and little sea creatures in the wallpaper, pictures of sweet faces taped on the mirror, plus, a really cool bumper sticker and there's an animated man trying to hide from it's own image, but can't quite, he can see his eyes and enough shadows to creep it all the more.
This is a beautiful piece of work and really weird.

String said...

Good job Tony, soemthing rather momentous has happened via the other post...not sure if I can really post about it - but you are right. You'll get an add request from String on myspace!

ValGalArt said...

clever and scary!!!

Ginger*:) said...

Thanks for the visit, Tony... you are the first one to
"get it"...spotted, I mean.

steve said...

What Tony, you mean you still aren't a geek? ;) C'mon man, where's your geek pride?! Ha ha, anyhow, always interesting and funky stuff from you. Thanks for the explanation as well, but I'm still digging my own messed up version more. Kind of like when you thought you knew the words to a song only to find out years later the real lyrics, yet can't stop singing it the wrong way.

Liz Jones said...

Awesome!! A valiant attempt...

Tony LaRocca said...

I'm still a confirmed geek, I just don't have bumper stickers that proclaim it anymore...

ChristyMarcusLitster said...

very neat... and a little creepy.

Larry Lee said...

Nicely rendered, but kinda eerie.
I like the photos and bumper stickers on the mirror and the overall lighting.

studio lolo said...

This guy's sorta creeping me out a little. It's like he's a visitor in someone elses illo. The pics on the mirror are great. But the guy needs to go.