StatCounter

Monday, April 30, 2007

Sweet Caroline's

I went back to work today. Everybody wanted to know what I've been doing during my furlough: I almost finished False Idols. (Just a few more scenes to go!) I had fun playing with Jen, Joe & Mandy. I went to movies & Elementary School dance festivals. I came this close (holds fingers six inches apart) to writing every day & finishing at least one of my damned novels. Sigh. Someday I'll have all my eggs sailing in the same direction (or whatever the phrase is.) I should really take part in French Toast Girl's May Madness.

I saw two old friends tonight. (I'm writing this at 10:30 pm as I ride the fabled F-Train home, the Jack Daniels in my system combined with the lack of suspension on the subways making it very difficult.) Fellow Ridge High School Choir-fag alumni Gilbert Brady (once Gil "the Thrill" Hagovsky for you purists) did a hysterical stand-up routine at Caroline's in Manhattan. This guy is so dedicated to his art that he managed to draw blood from a self-inflicted microphone wound. I finally got to meet his hottie of a girlfriend Rhyn as well. Also on the scene was the lovely Sue Ryder, another former choir-ite. I love seeing good people doing well.

Speaking of good people, a fact of life that was reinforced over the past seven weeks at home is how lucky I am. I have the most loving, caring wife (& kids) in the world. Thank you, Jennifer. Thank you for being my best friend.

TTFN,
-Tony

2 comments:

french toast girl said...

We are lucky to have you too.

What if you posted every day in may? You could do that. Or work on False Idols e.d.i.m. .... :)

Aravis said...

I don't know if it was the Jack Daniel's or not, but this was a very sweet, touching post, and your family is lucky to have you, too. :0)