Illustration Friday: Remember
Things that are annoying the living crap out of me this week:
1) Snotty Mac commercials. Yes, Vista's over-the-top User's Account Controls is annoying. Yes, you can easily turn it off. Go back to your coffee houses & think of all the cool software you could use if you had a real O.S.
2) Windows Vista. Yes, I turned off User's Account Controls. Yes, I want to keep the damn thing off, so it will stop interrupting whatever I'm doing & asking if I REALLY meant to do that every time I break wind.
3) Anyone who spouts the unbelievable pigshit that there are any jobs in America that Americans don't want. No, Mr. President, there actually are thousands of citizens & legal immigrants across America who mow lawns, clean houses, etc. They just have this silly notion that they should be paid fair wages for it. Stop pretending that you care about anything on this issue except having a cheap work force for your buddies.
4) The Sopranos. What, it wasn't enough that you wasted the entire last season on Vito & Johnnycakes, now you have to waste a whole new episode on his shower-pooping kid? Does this have ANYTHING to do with the series story arc? Um... you do know that this is the final season, don't you?
5) Saul of the Mole Men. Let me get this straight: You didn't have a new episode last week, and this week's episode was just a stinking clip-show? A pox on both your houses!
6) Adult Swim Fix. When TV networks are asked why the commercials are always 200 db louder than the shows, they always fall back on the bullshit answer that commercials are broadcast locally, so they have no control over it. However, on a web broadcast, there's no farging excuse. I make it a point to mute my speakers & turn off the monitor when you interrupt your online broadcasts every five minutes anyway, but it's the principle of the thing.
and most important of all:
7) People who have no life or friends in real life, so they have to harass others on their blogs. Yes, you- you know who you are. Stop whining like a baby about "freedom of speech on the internet" because people are telling you to leave a kind & loving person whose blog does nothing but help others alone. She absolutely deserves every award, praise, & recognition that she's received for her hard work, and nobody cares how jealous you are. Get your hand out of your pants, get out of your mother's basement, & try very hard to NOT be an asshole. It's not that hard, really, just try a few minutes at a time & go from there. We're all rooting for you. Go. Now.
PS- I forgot
8) Artists in the I-Tunes store that let you buy any track of theirs as an mp3 EXCEPT THE ONE SONG YOU WANT without buying the whole album. Wasn't that the whole point of I-Tunes- that you could buy ANY song for $.99 without having to buy the filler? And the entertainment industry wonders why the public has no sympathy when people download just what they want illegally...