StatCounter

Friday, June 01, 2007

"...where the grass is green and the girls are pretty..."

Illustration Friday: Your Paradise

In the next life, I get to be the eyeball.

Questions that keep me awake at night:

1) Is it just me, or does Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song sound a lot like the theme song from Get Smart?

2) In Star Wars Episode III, just what the hell do they do on the planet Mustafar? Why would you want a giant factory on a molten rock in space? Do they have a lucrative business exporting lava to planets that don't have any?

3) Does Anarchy Online ever get interesting, or is every mission exactly the same (kill a bunch of bots with die-rolling, or put an inventory object on another object?) Is there actually any real multi-player interaction? Do people actually waste money on this crap? (I'm a Froob & I'm proud!)

4) When deaf children swear, do their parents wash their hands out with soap?

5) Does anyone really think that in Blinded by the Light, Manfred Mann's Earth Band are actually singing "revved up like a deuce"?

6) Does anyone actually (I use that world a lot in this post, don't I?) give a flying fig about Lindsay Lohann going in to rehab, how Paris Hilton is preparing herself for prison, or which bimbo A-Rod is boinking? If the newspapers/programs did NOT make this stuff front page material, would anyone out there honestly search for it on their own? If you feel as I do, check out Jib-Jab's excellent animation, What We Call the News.

Feel free to add your own

TTFN
-Tony

20 comments:

carla said...

Tony... you ask all the important questions. How I wish I had the answers... sigh.... One thing I can tell you is that you are the eyeball. Just free your mind!

(cool drawing:>)

Aravis said...

Hm. Other than to feel scorn for the so-called rehabs/rehab experience that celebs like Lohan and Spears go to, I can't say that I care.

I do care about Hilton, but only because my brother and a couple of his friends are about to spend a weekend at her place while she's in jail. It amuses me for personal reasons. *G*

Tarik said...

I did an eyeball eater. :)

Christine said...

Now what is it with the eyeball theme this week..? Immigrant Song would be a great soundtrack to this 'paradise' I think.

Never was very sure about the 'revved up like a duce' line... yes it did sound like that to me, what is it supposed to be, I'm wondering now..??

Rrramone said...

Tony, ask for a guest slot on The Daily Show. Right away. :-)

Rayne said...

I love the eyeball. First thing I though of was Visine commercials. At least I am off my Zombie's kick.
Nerve deafness runs in my family and when my cousin signed words that were not nice my Aunt would smack him on the head.
No, I don't care about lindsy, briney, paris or any of the rest but God help me, I can't stop reading about the.
I even read Splash News a few times a week when I am totally bored.
I am so ashamed.

imwithsully said...

Cool piece! I wish one of those celebrities would have the guts to stand up and say "yeah, I'm young and I party a lot. If you don't like it, don't watch me or my movies." However, I doubt that would curtail CNN from interrupting us with late-breaking news on them every time they have a beer.

merlinprincesse said...

Get Smart! MY! I had forgotten that one. :))) In next life you will be the eye-ball but how will you blink? :P

studio lolo said...

Hey, I'm with Sully, literaly! I enjoyed the jib-jab clip, but I really don't care about celebs one iota. I think we ought to mind our own business. Besides, I find them boring!

Aeroman said...

Your eyeball looks disturbingly like a Yak testicle....

catnapping said...

i will never hear zeppelin the same way again...now i'll be looking for satanic sitcom themes in everything they play.

Tarik said...

hahahahahha
thanks for the comment:)

Anonymous said...

Tony you ARE the eyeball, but if you want to do anything about those complaints, perhaps in the next life the eyeball could have 'real' zapping power, or it would be easier if you had an attached finger and just needed to push one 'actual' button :)

Twisselman said...

Wicked space game. Oh, and thank you for clearing up the lyrics to that crazy Manfred Mann song. Got me so interested in it that I looked it up on Wikipedia... Actually written by Springsteen, the original lyrics were 'cut loose like a deuce....'

Lux Valentine said...

"Why is the word for "a fear of long words" so long?

(PS:in case you don't know its "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia")

(PPS:Its true! thats it! How ironic is that! You cant diagnosed with this phobia.. and then have to scream every time you see it!)

(PPPS: I like the drawing)

XLV

nythug420 said...

I really like the concept and how it looks, you are a great artist and the kind of person that inspires me to keep working trying new things, Thanx.

Kyle said...

Great artwork, looks like a winner too me!Good Job, keep up the good work!!1

stangy said...

You R the One...the One true eyeball. Frankly, I wish it were the questions that keep me awake at night; instead it's my legs...damn things! You do great, creative work...

Studio Zuga said...

lol ok twiss i see he stated my comment that i erased cause i felt i was getting to caught up in it and it really didn't matter, thats why i erased my em. damn doing it again. back on track fly eyeballs and laser tanks shooting them outta the air ok now i m good.
there ought to be a law bout that.

Tony LaRocca said...

You know I kind of wondered why you deleted it after I read it...