StatCounter

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I don't handle rejection very well...

Illustration Friday: Rejection


"They fail, and they alone, who have not striven." This badly translated bit of synchronicity was my fortune cookie with my Chinese takeout tonight. I've acquired many rejection letters over the years, from the one or two science fiction magazines that still exist. There was once a sort of system to writing; magazines were considered the minor leagues, books were considered the majors. Sadly, many of the short story pulp magazines of old have gone the way of the dodo, and the only realistic way to get into print is to jump into the majors. Still, I cling to my dream of being a published author. The trick is I have to actually finish writing a book first...

TTFN
-Tony

20 comments:

merlinprincesse said...

You make me laugh(in a gooood way), and I'm sure I'm not the only one! :) That's something!!!! ;o)

emila yusof said...

Haha..great concept! Love your idea!

biteyourowntail said...

Ha Ha Ha - almost choked on my coffee!

Caroline said...

Never mind I'm sure you'll find another taker!

Studio Zuga said...

funny stuff, but maybe its god that doesnt fit ur needs right now if u didnt fit his you wouldn't have been born. just another spin on it,

Jennifer Blake said...

unfortunately, or fortunately for us..... its a worthy submission...for this weeks word...

Teri C said...

OMG, TOO FUNNY!!!!

french toast girl said...

As usual, I love it. And it's wonderful. I also like that God doesn't use a spell-checker. :)

Tony LaRocca said...

Hey, whatever way God spells is always the right way!

Aravis said...

Heh, this is great! Though it would be pretty disconcerting to receive I imagine. How are you holding up? *G*

Rayne said...

I would so totally frame this one! Too funny!
So actually finishing writing the book helps get it published? Hmm...might give that a try. I get about 3/4 of the way through, and then just kinda stop... Sad really.
What genre do you like writing?

janie said...

Dude you're just marketing the wrong guy, it's the devil you sell your soul to!

Tony LaRocca said...

Rayne: Scifi/horror/fantasy stuff. I enjoy warping my imagination around things.

V.K. said...

You'd better let me know asap when you do publish, so's I can buy it for our liberarry :)

HARDWAX said...

An impersonal rejection, GOD could at least wrote " Dear Tony". one rejection is not too bad, but if you receive another, go into crisis mode, if you receive three, think about relocating after you die.
I think a book by you on just about anything would be an amazing read, I'd buy it, and I don't even like you that much.
I wonder how many rejections GOD has received, must be in the billions, after the garden.

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you- you're all very kind

Anonymous said...

God can't spell. Or is that how a Chinese American unfortunately spells?

Tony LaRocca said...

As I told Elena, God's spelling is always the right way. It's the mere mortals who have it wrong...

Something Different said...

Ha!

ChristyMarcusLitster said...

L O V E I T !!!!

that definitely made me laugh out loud!