Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Because I'm a Glutton for Punishment...

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I decided to try another Myspace page. The new one is here, and as before, can be found to the right. Feel free to ask me to be your friend (unless you're a spammer, in which case please stick your genitalia in boiling marmalade.)

Here is an example of dealing with Myspace's technical support:

From: Tony LaRocca
To: Myspace
6/26/2007

Why did you delete my account? You didn't send me any sort of notification. I did not violate any terms of service. Any copyrighted material on my site was my own. Please tell me if there is any way of rectifying this.


From: Myspace
To: Tony LaRocca
7/3/2007 (Notice this is a week later.)

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Customer Support at MySpace.com.
We were working on making things better on the site and you might have had some problems signing on. But try logging on now!
However, if you are still having problems signing in, please provide the following information:
Email/Log in address:
Password or Salute:
- For identification purpose, we require your password or a salute. A salute is a current photo of your self holding a hand written sign with your Friend ID or URL.
- The Friend ID is located on the web address bar above your profile after “friendID=”. You might have to go to a friend’s profile to look for yourself.
Link/url:
- Many times, the email address was entered wrong. We need a link or Friend ID to locate your account.

Thank you,
MySpace.com


Obviously, they just have some sort of automatic mail filter that picks out key words and sends what it considers is the best automated reply. I'm trying to set up my new page now (which will be extremely spartan- it's just a good way of keeping in touch with people) and every other time I click on something to set up my profile, I get a "sorry, an error has occurred." Message. Sorry, I have a life. Maybe tomorrow.

TTFN
-Tony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link but it said "Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred.This error has been forwarded to MySpace's technical group." Hhehhehhheeee