Illustration Friday: Moon
I couldn't resist.
I'm sorry I haven't been responding to people's comments lately, or visiting my friends' blogs. I'm running a job in Brooklyn and it's really a drain. All I want to do when I get home is go to bed. I'll try to catch up, though.
Answers to Bonus Questions for the Supreme Geek.
1. Mike & Kim, Craig J. Quack, Knitting Painter Woman, and Janie knew that in Douglas Adams' novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42.
2. In 2001, a Space Oddessy, the HAL-9000 computer turned psychotic because while it was programmed not to lie, it was ordered to lie.
3. Craig J. Quack was the only one who knew that the first appearance of Boba Fett was in a cartoon in the wonderfully awful Star Wars Holliday Special. (Janie was shooting for bonus points with the answer "The crown of his head, unless he was breeched," but as every true geek knows, Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett and therefore wasn't naturally birthed. Nice try, though.)
4. "Grok," from Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land, means to drink, or to understand deeply. Good job, Mike & Kim, & Craig.
5. Ubik, (from the novel of the same name by Philip K. Dick) is what you need to return objects to their present states, if you are in fact dead with your body in cold storage & a dead teenager is sucking out your life essence.
Keep on geeking, my friends.