Sunday, July 29, 2007

Moon on the Moon

Illustration Friday: Moon

I couldn't resist.

I'm sorry I haven't been responding to people's comments lately, or visiting my friends' blogs. I'm running a job in Brooklyn and it's really a drain. All I want to do when I get home is go to bed. I'll try to catch up, though.

Answers to Bonus Questions for the Supreme Geek.
1. Mike & Kim, Craig J. Quack, Knitting Painter Woman, and Janie knew that in Douglas Adams' novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42.
2. In 2001, a Space Oddessy, the HAL-9000 computer turned psychotic because while it was programmed not to lie, it was ordered to lie.
3. Craig J. Quack was the only one who knew that the first appearance of Boba Fett was in a cartoon in the wonderfully awful Star Wars Holliday Special. (Janie was shooting for bonus points with the answer "The crown of his head, unless he was breeched," but as every true geek knows, Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett and therefore wasn't naturally birthed. Nice try, though.)
4. "Grok," from Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land, means to drink, or to understand deeply. Good job, Mike & Kim, & Craig.
5. Ubik, (from the novel of the same name by Philip K. Dick) is what you need to return objects to their present states, if you are in fact dead with your body in cold storage & a dead teenager is sucking out your life essence.

Keep on geeking, my friends.
TTFN
-Tony

17 comments:

atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh! nice.. im the first one to comment.. i always find your ideas and illos fascinating! and being busy at our "walking-life job" is indeed draining! gee.. why couldnt we just blog all day and make a living out of it huh?

french toast girl said...

I thought for sure you were going to do a Rare Moon Frog. I wasnt' that far off...

janie said...

Well, the bare assed cheek of it:)

studio lolo said...

It's not the man in the moon...it's the moon in the man that counts. Love the drawing Tony!

Anonymous said...

Hhahahhhaaa, being mooned from the moon - thanks for the laugh :) Take care!

Studio Zuga said...

nice line work and creative idea on a play of moons

imwithsully said...

What if the "mooner" on the "moon" were eating a "moon pie" while "asking for the moon?" I am so dorky this morning... please delete this comment before it self-destructs :)

steve said...

Ha ha, good stuff! And thanks for clarifying the Boba and Jango Fett info there Tony. Fortunately I missed the Star Wars special.

Ian T. said...

Crude but effective! :) I thought someone had to do a mooning pic and you've done the concept proud!

ValGalArt said...

You always crack me up! Har!!! :P

MIKE said...

hehehehe funny. thanx for stopping by my blog ey..

catnapping said...

their butts are quite similar to ours. evolution or intelligent design?

Twisselman said...

Moonglow... and full, at that! Beauty.

Sammy said...

really nice tony! hilarious! hmmmm.... maybe the earth is a moon on disguse? hehehehe

Kathleen Rietz said...

This is pretty funny! I am sorry I missed it last week.

stangy said...

ha - glad you couldn't resist, it's great!

Michelle Lana said...

very cute, tony! always a blast seeing your work :)