Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thoughts for the day

Is childhood religious instruction based on the fact that if you waited until a person was a thinking, reasoning adult BEFORE you tried telling them they have to believe in a church's dogma, they'd probably laugh themselves silly?

"if you have power problems, please report them online at www.ConEd.com." Well, I WOULD but my computer doesn't work when the power is out...

Dear Elton John: About the song, "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me." Wouldn't that burn? (Drum fill)

What the hell is the deal with face & body piercing? Honesty? I know it's their own bodies & their own choices, but I go buggy when I see beautiful women with a nose or eyebrow ring. If it was a giant zit on the side of her nose, the lady would probably go ape-shit, but since it's a cubic zirconia, it's chic. Is it because we live in a society that hates perfection, so these women feel they have to mar themselves in some way to be accepted? When I see a lady with a halter-top & belly ring, the first thing that comes to mind is that it's really the tab for a giant zipper, & there's an alien inside. I know it's nothing to do with me, but if any women out there with studs or loops in their noses want to clue me in, I'd be eternally grateful.

TTFN
Tony.

2 comments:

Aravis said...

Great questions.

As far as the piercings go, I don't have any facial piercings. But if you look at various cultures around the world, it seems in keeping. Mutilating the body has long been a means of attracting others. Look at the tribes who wear rings to elongate their necks, or those who slit open their bottom lips and insert a large disc. Or those who stretch their earlobes out. Etc. Our facial piercings don't seem so odd in comparison. Or at least not worse. And it's less money and pain than plastic surgery...

*G*

Knitting Painter Woman said...

In response:
Yes!
Logic has no place here.
Probably.
I have NO idea.

Babies need to be "taught" religion. It is created by humans, and not instinctual.