StatCounter

Monday, August 27, 2007

Hello, Again

Hello, again. Still here, still working a flabbergasting amount of hours. Like so many electricians in NYC these days, I'm balancing self-respect against the fear of losing my job. "Do more with less," seems to be the catchphrase of the decade. Or was that the last decade? Never mind. At least Uncle Sam is making some money.

In other idiotic news from the nanny state, the MTA has apparently banned cell phone use on their buses. I know this because at the front of the bus, they've added a cute little sticker of a cell phone with a slash through it, right next to the ones of a drink cup and a radio. Most bus drivers seem to ignore it, but I actually saw one who refused to drive until a little old lady got off her cell phone. Now, we all hate idiots who shout into the phone at 200 db, but how do you put an outright ban on cell phone use? It's ok if I talk to the person next to me, it's NOT ok if I talk to a black box in my hand. And, of course, there's no law against crazy homeless people who scream obscenities at themselves.

My Sainted Catholic Sicilian Mother threw a family reunion this past weekend. It's so cute watching little kids run around, colliding like quantum particles. If you ever want to study Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, just let a bunch of 3-4 year olds loose in a confined space, and try to predict their position and behavior simultaneously. It's fun & educational.

TTFN
-Tony

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again Tony :) Have they banned drivers with cell phones in cars there? You make me laugh :)

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Wasn't this weekend a big Saint's Day festival? DD lived in the North End (Bahstan) and there was a big whingding in late August as I recall. My former inlaws, also claiming Sicilian roots, were more partial to 16th of July, or the Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. I tend to just go for the food. Hope your hours are paying well.

Aravis said...

Er, speak on a cell phone while driving, that is. *G*

Aravis said...

Actually, it is against the law to speak on a cell phone in NY, as well as here in CT. *G*

Tony, have you ever watched that show, "Numbers?" I bet Charlie could create a formula to predict how those children would move next. In fact, I believe he did in one episode.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering for Tony, Aravis :) I love that show and Charlie DID predict children's moves. But why spoil Tony's fun? :)

Tony LaRocca said...

Actually, you can speak on a cell phone in a car as long as it's "hands free." There's fun everywhere- nothing can spoil it if you don't allow it to.

Anonymous said...

Especially boiling marmalade ...