StatCounter

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello, Out There

I haven't posted anything in a while, so I just thought I'd write and say hello. I'm sorry the posts have been so sparse lately, but I'm the foreman on a job in Brooklyn and I've been working ridiculous amounts of overtime. Dear Lord, I am tired. I'm also cooling off the day with a shot of Jack Daniels, something I admit I do far too often these days.

Sorry I skipped Illustration Friday this week, but "Emergency" just didn't do anything for me. All I could think of was the Australian kid in the episode of The Simpsons when Bart makes a collect call to Down Under to ask about which way the water swirls. "But it's an e-MEH-gen-cee!"

Some thoughts that go through my head these days:
1) If anyone think the "congestion pricing" that Bloomberg is forcing down our (New Yorkers') throats has to do with anything besides sucking as much money out of the residents of the city as he possibly can, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.
2) I'm an Independent and not really interested in the Democrat Party, but I am curious why the Daily News has to work it into at least one story a day that they think Barak Obama is inexperienced- whatever that means. If they insist on spoon-feeding propaganda for Hillary, they could just mention all things that she's done for New York since becoming senator. (Please pause and listen to the crickets. Thank you.)

All right, I'm off to bed. G'night, all.

TTFN
-Tony

4 comments:

Aravis said...

Get some rest- it sounds as though you could use it! Overtime is great, but so is sleep.

Anonymous said...

MEH!

Heehee.

wildsnowflake said...

i have difficulty believing someone who moves to a state with the express purpose of becoming one of its political leaders. not saying that you need to be born in the state. but at least live there a few years before deciding that you like it enough to help it.

now she has a shell of a house that she VISITS because she spends most of the time in DC.

to me she's like a webkins: you are being told that she's in even though the quality isn't worth the price.

Frank said...

The Daily News and everyone else are so enamored with Hillary because they think they're going to get another four years of her husband Bill--as though he's going to be president again through her. Just what we need...another four years of blow jobs in the oval office! (Maybe Hillary will get some this time!)

Please let Obama win!