Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday

It's Wednesday, and for the first time in three weeks, I haven't had to work overtime. I don't know what to do with myself, because I'm too worn out to really get into anything. I'm having fun annoying Jennifer with my constant amorous overtures, and watching Mandy take a nap. I miss spending time with my kids so much that watching them nap is a joy.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I love the push the entertainment industry is giving to cracking down on pirated DVDs. According to today's Daily News, the industry "loses" six billion dollars a year, and New York state alone loses fifty million dollars in tax revenues. Don't you wish that you could just make up figures like that and have the newspapers make it sound credible? "I lost five million dollars this year, because subway delays are at a record high. If I wasn't stuck on the subway so much, I could have earned five million dollars."

Ah well, the Simpsons are on, and life is too short.

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Attempting amorous adventures BEFORE DARK. Wow. I'm impressed. Hope the annoyance is short lived for all concerned. (When your kids are teenagers you will have even MORE opportunities to watch them nap.. but it won't be quite so charming.)
BTW: Thanks for your kind remarks.

Craig J. said...

Life is, indeed, far too short. So why do I spend so much of my life staring at a computer screen?

I wish I had a glib wrap-up for this, but I don't. I did see Superbad the other thing and thought it was hysterical. So that's something.

Aravis said...

I love watching kids nap; they look so peaceful.

Glad you're finally getting some R&R!