StatCounter

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Back from the Shadows Again

I'm back, after a week in Phoenix visiting my sister Mary. It's good to be home with Jen & the kiddies, sleeping in my own bed again. I've got plenty of things to do around the apartment, including writing & animating. If I find the time, I'll try to think of a decent picture for this weeks Illustration Friday word, "Open." Sorry, but it's just not grabbing me.

What's been going on in the world? The Yankees threw away the playoffs again, (if the Indians can play with bugs crawling all over their bodies, then so can the Bombers!) Sadly, I think Joe Torre's going to get the ax. A shame, really, since he was such gold seven years ago. Some twenty-five year old who claims to be "spectacularly beautiful" is selling herself on Craig's list for a hubby who makes at least $500k a year. At least she's honest.

After the joygasm I got playing Bioshock, I'm a bit disappointed by the demo for Clive Barker's Jericho. First off, the graphics look beautiful, and I love the flies around the dead bodies. I've also been a fan of Clive Barker's since I saw the first Hellraiser in high school (and believe me, the first two films are the only ones worth seeing) and I own every book he's written. The disappointments came from two things - one, I wasn't able to bind the mouse buttons to controls, nor was I able to invert they y axis. But these are things that will probably be fixed in the final version. No, what pissed me off was the Dance Dance Revolution sequence I had to play to get down a ladder. Does EVERY game ported to the Playstation need to have an asinine "follow the arrows" sequence? I know they feel the need to shake it up a bit, but it IS an FPS.

In the wake of the Myst series, (or the classic days of Lucas Arts studios, when they made the best adventure games of all time instead of console base Star Wars games) I've been trying to play Scratches. I'm sorry, but there are far far far too many red herrings, far to many drawers to open with nothing inside, far too many pictures to examine without any clues in them. Also, the game is far too linear (I can't solve puzzles B-Z without first solving puzzle A.) Ah well, I should be spending my time writing anyway.

TTFN
-Tony

1 comment:

String said...

I love the first two Hellraiser films...the last two I saw when I was in the US, they sucked big time! No longer surreal, not even slightly disturbing.