Monday, October 22, 2007

Pocketwatches are Back! (Or hadn't you noticed?)

Think about it- in the 1800's, people pulled pocket watches out of their pockets, flipped them open, and saw what time it was. In WWI, the British Army came up with the brilliant idea of putting watches on the wrist, so soldiers could instantly tell the time. Now, almost a century later- do you ever see anyone wearing a watch anymore? No! We all pull our phones out of our pockets, and flip them open when we want to know what time it is! Full circle!

The moral of the story is, fashion + technology = ridiculousness.

TTFN
-Tony

7 comments:

Lou said...

Great one!

I've never worn a watch. I've always suffered from thin wrist syndrome. I use my cell phone all the time.

Knitting Painter Woman said...

I wear a watch... it's ginormous analog hands are MUCH easier to read than the teensy print on my cell phone... AND it never worms its way to the bottom of my purse. But, full circle happens.

kookyknut said...

wrist-phones?

LDahl said...

Dick Tracy,uh hu, uh hu!

ElizT said...

In my case the pocket watch is a small clock in the handbag.

Aravis said...

I had a similar experience the other day. When I asked someone to confirm the date, she pulled out her phone to check. Had I thought of it, I could have done that, too. I'm definitely from an older generation. *G*

Jennifer Blake said...

I have 58 for sale... :(