StatCounter

Friday, December 14, 2007

"Wah, They're Not Using My Browser!"

Operatics:
For those who don't know, the makers of the browser Opera are suing Microsoft, saying that it is not fair that Microsoft includes its own Explorer browser with its Windows operating system. (I don't get it. I want Windows to come bundled with more programs, not less. Also, I cannot conceive how one company can dictate what another company may or may not include with its own software.) What I really do not understand is what difference it makes. Does Opera, Netscape (are they even still around?) or Mozilla make any cash at all from people using their free browsers? Are there some sort of advertising kickbacks I'm unaware of?

TTFN
-Tony

1 comment:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

I use Netscape. Still. Because people don't bother writing viruses for it. If I were MORE of a geek, I'd have switched to Firefox by now, though.