StatCounter

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Am a Total Fanboy Geek

Jen & I saw Emo Philips perform last night at Comix in Manhattan (There’s still tonight’s shows, plus next weekend if you comicly minded!) On his website, he says that you should go backstage and see him afterwards. So, after the show ended, I thought, What the hell, and asked the security guard at the stage door if that was true or not. She said she didn’t know. Did I know him? No, I said, but I’d really like to talk to him if I could. She went backstage, and a few minutes later, he came out! I asked him if he’d mind taking a picture. He said not at all, but did my cell phone have a flash? Since the answer was no, he pulled me up on stage so Jen could get us in the light:

As you can see, it was a little too bright for my crappy cell phone. Of course, by this time, the ushers had formed the gathering crowd into a line, so after a quick hello and a handshake, we left. All I can say is thanks to Mr. Philips for making it a fantastic night – and you never know what can happen unless you ask.

TTFN
-Tony

PS. If you are some kind of infidel and have no idea who Emo Philips is, I suggest you check out some hysterical clips here.

4 comments:

Aravis said...

That's awesome! How very, very cool.

Diana Evans said...

oh how cool!!! good for you and now I know that he talks to people that head back stage....

Have a great night!!!

Cheers,
Diana

V said...

Emo!! Next to Judy Tenuta, he was one of my favorite "oddball" comedians! Glad to see him still doing it. That one scene of him from that one movie he was in - the one with Weird Al - Genius! I remember seeing his HBO special quite a while ago. Very funny guy.

Tony LaRocca said...

He and Judy Tenuta were married, once, actually!