StatCounter

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

When the Pollitically Correct Wires Get Crossed & Other Stuff

Joe (correcting a statement I made about Black History Month) "Dad- you're not supposed to say 'African-American' anymore, you're supposed to say 'Indian!'"

I made Jen watch Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band last night. For those who don't know, this god-awful film consists of The Bee-Gees, Peter Frampton, and various other 70's stars badly singing Beatles songs. Highlights are George Burns as Mr. Kite, Steve Martin as Dr. Maxwell Edison, (singing "Maxwell's Silver Hammer,") & Alice Cooper as Marvin Sunk, the Sun King, (singing "Because.") I have to admit that this no-star flop falls under the category of "guilty pleasures" for me. It's like a train-wreck - you just can't turn away no matter how much your stomach is churning.

I've been having lots of dreams about my old LeBarron convertible lately. I think my subconscious is trying to use it as a metaphor for my life. If that's true, should the fact that I smashed it on the highway years ago bother me?

Happy day after your birthday, little Sophie. "OINK!"

TTFN
-Tony

PS Does anyone know - are there any ports you can actually forward if you have Verizon DSL, or are the bastards simply blocking them all? I've correctly set it up on the Westell, but it doesn't seem to be working...

No comments: