Thursday, June 12, 2008

Build a Better Life Through Dream Analysis

Photo of the Yesterday: The inside of my doorbell.


Lately, I've been having dreams of frustration; dreams where I want to do something badly, but always get thwarted at the last second. For example, I had a dream that I was at a friends' house who had a swimming pool. All I wanted to do was go for a swim. However, things kept popping up to stop me: I had to watch the kids, I couldn't find my bathing suit, I had to go to the bathroom, etc. etc. etc. I complained to Jen about those dreams last night: yes, subconscious, I KNOW I keep banging my head against self-erected walls - you don't have to remind me. (If simulism (the idea that the universe is just a giant computer game) is real, then my character's frustration stat is way too high. I want to re-roll.)

Instead, last night, I had three separate dreams that I was a daemon who was possessing various people: a tall thin white business executive, an athletic woman, and a black teacher. I used their bodies like puppets, and then discarded them. I can't say what that means, exactly, but it's more fulfilling than the frustration dreams at any rate. (However, I can't seem to wake from this dream where I'm possessing a plump, hairy, self-sabotaging electrician.)

Analysis, anyone?

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Perhaps you were just trying on some alternate identities to see what "fit."

Caroline said...

Maybe last night you were in an audition for your next role? After all you wanted to re-roll...

ChristyMarcusLitster said...

I agree with the auditioning for your next role - in your next lifetime. lol..

and if not - then take two advil and call the doctor in the morning ;)