Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Back from the Shadows, Again!"

"Back from the shadows, again,
Out where an injun's your friend.
Where the vegetables are green,
And you can pee into the stream!
We're back from the shadows, again."
(-from The Firesign Theatre's I Think We're All Bozos on this Bus

I've decided to take a photograph and post it daily. Since there are so many Photo of the Day blogs out there, I'm calling my exercise "The Photo of the Yesterday," with a picture I took... yesterday. Get it?

The Photo of the Yesterday: Trinity Church

Trinity Church in downtown Manhattan, taken from the corner of Rector Street & Broadway.
(Enhanced with Photoshop to make my camera-phone seem a little less crappy.)

I bought a copy of Stephen Colbert's I am America (and So Can You!) from a street vendor for ten bucks the other day. While Mr. Colbert's satire of right-wing pundits is always good for a laugh, I was very disappointed that the book didn't contain any of his own ideas or insights. Maybe his next book will. It's a good book to take in small sittings - like when you're in the bathroom.

I'm back at work (hence the name of this post) after being out for six months. I'm running up and down the ladder all day, which is the nature of the business, but hell on my ankles. Of course, the fault lies in the ladder, not that I have to lose some weight.

Today is the street fair, which means I was woken this morning by the Grease Soundtrack blasting through my window. It's 95 degrees out there. I think I'll pass. Who knows, maybe I can find some more cheap books.

TTFN
-Tony

4 comments:

Aravis said...

I used to include a photo with every entry, but got out of the habit when I didn't have time. I would like to include more again now, though. Maybe your Yesterday's Photo scheme will inspire me.

Better luck with your future book selections! :0)

Anonymous said...

I like how your photograph is black/white and shadowy Tony!

Caroline said...

Glad to hear you are running up and down ladders again - (Arg what a thought - I've never be in for a job like that!)

Love the photo and it would be fun to see your world this way.

Rayne said...

I love your Yesterday's Photos idea. The photo of the church is great. It has atmosphere and mysteriousness. Looks like it should be the focal point of a detective novel.