Sunday, June 01, 2008

I Got You, Babe

Illustration Friday: Baby

(Please click on the image above to see it in full hi-res glorious detail.)

Ah, new life is born. I wonder what he will look like when he pulls himself together. Maybe he'll be a doctor, or a fireman, or a gynecologist, or a even missionary. He could fly off to alien worlds and teach them how to celebrate the Harvest Under the Moons of Mipzor. Now, that's a party! (A kiss on the nose to whoever gets the reference. No cheating with Google.) The point is, his parents (all six of them) have hopes and dreams for the little critter, that someday he'll coagulate into someone who can be happy and live a good life.

I can't decide which I like better, the 3d version or the original doodle:

Either way, it's come a long way, baby!

TTFN
-Tony

13 comments:

Caroline said...

Funny baby.

Anonymous said...

I like them both in different ways! The 3D still went a long way from original doodle with detail :) Finding it difficult imagining him as a fireman with one arm and two eyes ... but he does have SIX parents and could possibly suffocate flames. Hheheee

String said...

I like the original, he has a sappy look on his puddle, I mean face!

Tony Sarrecchia... said...

Very nice. What application did you do the 3d version in? Or is it traditional?

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Good one! A very unusual baby.

(Thanks for your kind wishes on my show, please stop in if you can!)

Tony LaRocca said...

anonymous - keep in mind you're only seeing the top half :)

tony s - I used 3ds Max, but thank you for even suggesting that I could have done that by hand! :)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Tony...what a cool piece...I love slimy green melting goo...thanks for popping by ...your comments make me howl!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Great work! That arm on top kinda' creeps me out, though...like it's forming into something or someone I can't see yet...duh, I guess that's exactly what's going on! :) I really like your doodle of it...very cartoony and even cute (especially compared to the creepy arm!)

Dot said...

This is very clever... i had a similar idea for baby, but i decided on a different one.

nice job - i like the rendering.

Mim said...

Love your green slime monster guy, both the original and the digital one. Great blog!

PauloSilva said...

huaau!! very nice illo, good work!!!

a.©.s said...

i love the 3d version. btw the radiated polar bear cracked me up!

Tony LaRocca said...

aliie - thanks, but he's a prairie-dog :)