Tuesday, June 17, 2008

These are the Yokes

Illustration Friday: Punchline.

Once upon a time, there was an old widow. She lived alone, with her two cats, so she wasn't really alone, but anyway - One night, just as she was laying down for bed, the phone rang. "I am the Viper!" a voice hissed. The old lady hung up right away, thinking it was some young whippersnapper playing a prank.

Just as she was dozing off, the phone rang again. "I am the Viper!" the voice hissed again, "and I am coming soon!" The widow slammed the phone down, her heart racing. Was this a prank, or something more sinister?

The phone rang again, and the old lady picked it up with a trembling hand. "I am the Viper, and I am almost at your house!" The old lady quickly hung up, wondering what to do. Should she call 911? Yell for help? She didn't want the neighbors to think she was some old frightened fool.

Then there was a banging on her door. The widow slid into the kitchen and grabbed a strong, heavy, butcher's knife. She crept up to the door and opened it. A man stood on her front porch and he said...


TTFN
-Tony

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHHAAA! I remember that joke! Think it was one of the first I learnt at school ;) Thanks for the memories Tony! Cool Vindow Viper :)

steve said...

hehe, i got a good chuckle from this one -it's one i think i can actually remember too. hope she wasn't too quick to use that butcher knife!

Aravis said...

Ugh.

*G*

Nat Zigal said...

Aughhh! This scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it. I think I was seven. It's a classic!

kathy hare said...

:).. I haven't heard this one before you made me smile!

tusen said...

hehe, I haven't heard this one either, thanks for the laugh :D Your illustration fits it perfectly, it's got just the right atmosphere.

janie said...

Does he love to count too?

Connie said...

How do you get away with this!? Good fun and nice illustration.

Craig J. said...

Not sure if anybody else remembers this, but G.I. Joe managed to build an entire episode around this joke.