Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blinded by the Light

Photo of the Today: Dead Moth & Cocoon


I walked down the driveway at my parents' house and saw this inside of the outdoor lamp. I'm guessing that a caterpillar crawled up through a hole in the bottom, transformed into a moth, and then either couldn't find the hole in the bottom to crawl out of, or was far too entranced by the light to want to leave. On the other hand, his corpse is stuck to the pane. So, it's possible that he was lusting for the sun and consequently was baked by the summer heat. So what do you think? Was he killed by the light he was too close to, or killed by the light that was unattainable?

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

That is one BIG f@#$%^g moth! I'm just glad it didn't some fluttering at me. EEEK.

Shakespere said...

Wow. Really interesting photo. I enjoyed reading.

Anonymous said...

Killed by the light that was unattainable! Nice photograph, I like the alternative perspectivessss... :)