Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Snakes are Yummy


Photo of the Yesterday: A carving on the Verizon building, taken from the pedestrian overpass on Vesey Street. Is there some folklore about a lion and a snake that I don't know about?

Novel progress: 831 words. A slow morning. I keep telling myself to go to bed early instead of playing Mass Effect but I never do. Anyway, Joe ran into Charlie, and told Pilgrim that sometimes people want to be left the hell alone. He realizes that [spoiler deleted] At the end, he looked in the Men's room mirror to see Ralph behind him & was shocked by... (to be continued tomorrow morning) I'm wondering if, in revision, I should make Joseph more pliant before he met Pilgrim to show contrast. I don't know... I like his unwillingness to let others mess with him. The tone of the first few chapters was different than the way the story is turning out. It was a little too commentary. I won't worry about it now. I think the names are going to change. Ken is going to become Sean (or Shaun - which spelling looks better?) Lynn and Lorraine are too close- one will have to go. Charlie Penguin & Pilgrim bother me, but I love those names, & the characters are miles apart.

TTFN
-Tony

1 comment:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Cool photo! Congrats on the writing progress. Way to go.