Monday, October 20, 2008

Slowly I Turn, Step by Step...

Today's Novel Progress: 806 words.

I'm watching Amanda who's watching The Muppet Movie for the nine-billionth time. It is such a great film, though. "Bear left!"-"Right, frog!" "Myth! Myth!"-"Yeth?" "I've lost my sense of direction!"-"Have you tried Hari Krishna?" None of the other films- especially the post-Henson ones- ever came close to this gem. Meanwhile, she's rolling a beach ball to me. She wants to throw it, but it's not a good idea inside the apartment. Have we learned nothing from the Brady Bunch (except that Marcia was a coke-whore?) You know, I'd be more impressed with Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama and talk of how we should "not just continue basically the policies we have been following in the recent years" if he hadn't been... you know... one of the main architects of those policies. That fact seems to have been lost in all the broohaha. And while we're on the subject of politics -To those responsible for Family Guy - is it possible to drop the propaganda and just go back to being funny? Seriously. Enough already.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

I think Powell WASN'T an architect of the war policies and that's why he hasn't been heard from since about 2002 1/2.
I know what you mean about Family Guy (And Simpsons and South Park)-- I like it best when they skewer everybody. But I must admit, those moose-dressers are giving them lots of material to work with.

Tony LaRocca said...

Perhaps architect is the wrong term - but he certainly gave them credibility.

I don't mind political humor - but they're not even trying to be funny about it anymore. That's the sad thing. (At least it's better than just playing Surfin' Bird for a half hour & calling it an episode.)